My Stepson, My Brother

1

I stubbed my cigarette out on the grubby pavement, gazing up at the just as grubby little house.

Sighing, I pulled my backpack strap up onto my shoulder and walked up the wooden steps.

Taking one last look at the dirty street behind me I knocked and waited for an answer.

After a minuet or two a scrawny kid answered the door.

“Erm, can I help you?” he asked rising a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

Ok, he’s either a gay, or karma loves him.

“I’m looking for Linda Iero?” I said in an “I’m not taking any shit from you” tone.

“One second,” he replied, shutting the door and running inside.

Just as I was about to give up and leave, the door swung open.

“May I help you?” the woman asked.

“Yeah, I’m looking for Linda Iero,” I repeated.

“Oh, well, you’ve found her!” she half smiled. “May I ask who you are?” she asked politely.

“Yeah, my names candy, I was told to speak to you about finding Donna Way,” I answered.

“Oh dear….well, I guess we all knew this day would come one day, please, come in,” she said with worried expression.

“Listen, Linda? I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but I just need to know an address and I’ll be off,” I told her, declining yet another tray of food she’d forced her son to bring to me.

She sighed before smiling at me.

“Just promise me one thing first?” she asked.

“Ok…” I answered confused.

“Don’t break the family up? Please?”
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone's confused, the story will explain itself :)

comments are love

xoxo