My Stepson, My Brother

3

“Take Frank with you,”

“No,” I stated bluntly.

“Candy…please, it’ll give him something to do! He’s spent the whole holiday inside so far!” she said exasperated “Plus, you could do with the company I’m sure, it’s an extremely long drive,”

So because her kid has no life I have to take him with me!?

Seriously, it’s not happening.

I don’t need or want anyone with me, it’s been just me myself and I for the past six years and that’s how I want it to stay.

“I said no and I mean no, I don’t need some scrawny little kid whining the whole way there,” I said stubbornly.

“Oh really? Maybe this will sway you’re mind,” she smirked reaching into a drawer and pulling out what looked like a photo album.

“If you’re gonna smoke in my car wind the fucking window down!” I snapped.

“Pshh, like you don’t smoke in it,” Frank grumbled as he wound his window down a fraction.

I rolled my eyes at him and concentrated on the road ahead of me.

After a few minuets I got the feeling I was being watched and glance over to my left to see Frank full on staring at me.

“What?!” I asked him, slightly freaked out.

“Tell me something about you,” he demanded.

“Excuse me?” I asked, slightly amused that he’d finally found his feet with me.

“Well, I’m gonna be stuck in the car with you for god knows how long and I know nothing about you,” he elaborated.

I sighed but decided I’d humour him for the time being.

“My names Candy, I’m nineteen, from Chicago,” I finished.

“That’s it?! That’s all I get to know?!” Frank asked, eyes practically bulging out of his head.

“Yes, now shut up before I push you out of the car.” I ordered.

Knowing that I would act upon my threat, Frank quickly buckled his seat belt and stared out the window.