When Will This End?

Chapter 12

Image

I woke up to a sudden faint knocking at my door. I yawned as I stretched my arms out. I stopped as the knocking stopped. Then all of a sudden I heard a vibrating sound next to me. I gave a confused look as I picked up my phone which was blinking 7:23 a.m...
It suddenly hit me...

"I'm late!" I yelled as I rushed out of bed and ran over to the bathroom.

I hurriedly brushed my teeth, washed my face, combed my hair, and applied a little foundation to cover up my pasty skin. Just then my phone vibrated again on the counter. Dez just sent me a text...

'Dude, I'll be outside your house in about 10mins okie... Sorry I'm kind of late '

"Not as late as me" I said to myself.

After I finished with the bathroom, I ran back into my room and pulled my uniform on. Just as I began to button up my shirt Mom poked her head into my room.

"What's taking you so long?" She asked.

"No one woke me up! I didn't hear my alarm clock go off!"

"I told Emma to wake you up... she said the door wouldn't let her? So I figured that meant it was locked and you were already getting ready." She said as she sipped her coffee.

I don't know what it was, but her tone of voice was very passive and it just...it made me wanna shove that cup of coffee down her shirt. I shock the thought out of my head as found by backpack at the end of my bed and slung it over my shoulder as I walked pass my mom.

"If your not gonna say bye to me at least say bye to your sisters." My mom said in a bit of a snooty tone.

I didn't even look at her, for I was afraid I'd say something uncalled for. So I made my way into Emma's room as I saw her playing with her jack in the box.
I don't know what it is with this kid, I thought with a giggle, she's always up at the weirdest hours.I moved closer to her as she looked like she was having trouble trying to get that Jack out of his box. I laughed at her a bit as she finally gained sight of me.

"Annie! He won come out." She said with a slight frown.

I smiled at her as I took the box from her and pretended to examine it.

"Your right kiddo! He's being real rue! It's okay I'll beat him up for you." I said as she giggled.

I looked at it again and just simply turned the knob and slapped the bottom of the box, next thing you knew Jack flung out of his box.
Emma was happy because she began to clap as she laughed. She loved this box. I smiled at her as I bent down to give her a little kiss on her cheek.

"See yah later Kiddo! I gotta go to school now." I told her.

"Bye Annie, luff you!" She said.

"Luff you to baby." I said before I walked out her room and to the stairs.

"What about Maddie?" Mom asked.

"I'm gonna be late." Was all I said before I rushed to the door.

When I got there I saw that Dez had already pulled up into my driveway right behind where I parked my mom's car yesterday. I smiled and headed out the door.

"Ana!" I heard my mom call out to me. "Do you have lunch money!?" Mom yelled out to me as I opened Dez's back door.

"Yeah!" I lied.

I really didn't feel like talking to anyone right now. After what I heard, I just feel sick to my stomach.

"Hey Chica!" Dez greeted me, after she waved goodbye to my mom.

"Hey." I simply said with a smile as a closed the door.

I bopped my bag up on my lap. I reached in for my phone and checked the time. Looks like Dez and I had seventeen minuets to get to school....yikes!

"So... what's up?" Dez said.

"Hmm? Nothing...nothing. You?" I asked.

"Besides the fact that I woke up with killer cramps that made me fall off my bed this morning...life's pretty solid." She said with a slight giggle expecting me to join her.

I kept staring back at my bag as I placed my phone back in it's compartment.
It remained quiet after that...

"So...how's Maddie?" She asked as we got closer to school.

"She...I-I don't wanna talk about her."

"Anything happen when you got home yesterday? You seemed like you couldn't wait to get out of the house." She said a bit more concerned.

"No..."

"So what's wrong?" She asked a bit more annoyed.

"I'm just sick of talking about Maddie, okay! Everybody's always asking about her, 'How is she!?' , 'What happened to her!?' , 'How's she feeling?' ...." I looked at my friend as she looked unsure of what to say. "I'm just sick of it...I'm...sick of her."

"I understand An'. And I'm sorry you have to deal with this."

I can't believe I blew up at her. "I'm sorry Dez... I just had a rough night..."

"Nah! Don't sweat it. I've had bad nights myself." She said with a slight smile before she looked back at the road ahead of us.

"Not like I've had..." I whispered to myself.

Dez pulled up into the student parking lot and braked suddenly causing us to jolt forward a bit with quite a force. I looked up to see the stupid cheerleader from my science class standing in front of us with the dumbest expression on her face as she ran over to her boyfriend for this week, not even noticing she almost got ran over!

"Dumb bitch!" Dez yelled over at her.

But of corse Ms. popular didn't notice us "little people", so she just went off ignoring us as she got some death glares from Dez and a few other people around the parking lot. It's dumb asses like THAT, that make our society so damn corrupt.

"Can you believe that bitch!?" Dez said obviously annoyed.

I totally didn't blame her, but I didn't care about the dumb cheerleader. All I could think about is how Maddie lied. How she's probably making Frank feel so fucked up and hurt inside! What is wrong with her!? I can't believe her...

It was just then that I almost tripped up on the stairs that I realized that we were already in school.

"Woah, watch it An'." Dez said as she grabbed my arm. "Are you SURE your okay? Your like...out of it."

"Yeah I'm fine."

After Dez got whatever she needed from her locker she met me up at mine. I was just throwing my bag over my shoulder as she said "We've got about eight minuets to spare...wanna head off to the library and see who's here?"

"Why not?" I said with a smile.

We linked our arms as we 'skipped' to the library which was just up the stairs. When we got there we saw Mikey, Jake, and Elijah talking to someone. I didn't get to see who it was because the back of his head was facing us. Elijah is one of the guys in Jake's band. We don't really talk too much, don't get me wrong, I don't hate him, we just don't know each other that well, so we tend not to speak often.
Dez waved at Jake as he spotted us. He smiled over towards us as we got closer and sat down. Then out of no where the announcements came on...

"Students this is your principal, Mr.McCormick, speaking-"

"No shit..." Frank said as Mikey gave a chuckle.

FRANK?! I gave a shocked look as I saw him. It was him, the guy whose back was facing us on our way here.
He cut his hair?

"I'm here to inform you that the time to attend homeroom well be extended, due to a minor problem in the faculty center. It seems some of you pranksters have decided to trap a half of the teachers in there!" Our principal yelled through the intercom.

"How'd someone manage to do that?" Jake asked.

"Beats me." Elijah said with a chuckle.

Just then we saw the guys from the football team high five each other, laughing. We all just gave them a knowing look.
You see, graduation was coming up and the seniors had a few tricks up their sleeves. And with Mikey being a senior...well a COOL senior in my book, he was one of the only seniors out of the loop.

"I repeat again. Do NOT go into homeroom until I make another announcement that says otherwise. More than half our staff is locked in our faculty center and until we can get them out, no one goes anywhere!" Mr. McCormick yelled once again.

Dez and the guys dis-cluding Frank and I just laughed. I looked down at my hands as Dez noticed what I did about a minuet ago. She was to in shock as I saw her facial expression.

"Frank? Right?" She asked him.

"Yeah?" He said back.

"You... I didn't know you were here. Something's different about you." She finally said.

"New haircut." He said with a nod.

"Hm! I'm just happy you got rid of those damn spies in the back of your head dude. " Mikey said with a slight laugh.

"Ohh that's it!" Dez said in realization.

"Yeah..." Was all he said.

"Did you notice it An'? Dez asked totally bringing me into the conversation on purpose.

I gave her an intense glare before I ignored the question and shoved her leg under the table. Jake helped out a bit as he said "I- I didn't..."

I looked towards Jake with a small smile as he returned it. My small smile quickly turned into a slight frown as I realized that Frank's attention was now on me. I accidently looked right into his eyes and back down at my bag as I pulled out my phone and typed on it like I had just received a text. I figured if he saw me on my phone he'd think that I didn't notice him looking at me I stopped for a minuet and thought about how stupid I was being. I paused as I looked at my screen. Why am I doing this? I closed my phone and threw it in my bag. I was going to make my get away but Jake put his arm around me and pulled me a little close to him.

"So! You wanna come back to my place after school? I got another band practice. We're still auditioning for a singer and well...there's gonna be lots of junk food and bad BUT entertaining talent." He said with a chuckle. "Wanna come by?"

I gave a small smile as I kept my focus on the palms of my hands resting on my lap.

"I totally understand if you can't...with whatever's going on at home and all."

"Actually... yeah I guess I'd like to hang out after school."

"Yeah?" He asked a bit shocked.

I don't blame him. I usually avoid hanging out. I'm not really a fun person so I don't bother to go out much.

"Yeah. I'm just trying to stay away from home right now." I told him.

He gave me an understanding smile. I was so happy that I had plans after school. I wanna stay out as long as possible because I really don't feel like being home with Maddie being there and all. I don't think I can hold in this much anger, especially if I basically lashed out at my mom this morning. It's just that...I can't believe they'd still baby her after this. Maddie has them wrapped around her finger, she has everyone wrapped around her perfectly manicured finger!

"Well...I'll give you a ride home if you want." Jake said again breaking me out of my thoughts.

Woah what the hell was I doing staring at the ceiling? Jeez! I probably looked completely zoned out.

I quickly snapped out of it. "Uhh ye-yeah sure. Thanks....oh wait! Dez!" I yelled to her on the other side of the table.

She stopped talking to Mikey as she looked over to me. She was blushing! Aw...now I feel really bad for messing up her conversation. "Yeah?" She asked relieved as if she had just taken her first breath. I wonder what they were talking about...

"Um, I'm gonna head over to Jake's place after school, kay?"

"Oh alright! " She said just before Jake interfered.

"Dezi, you could stop by to if you want." Jake offered.

"Oh what'r you guys doin'?" She asked Jake.

"Oh were gonna have another audition."

"Aww still looking for a singer?" She said.

"You guys still didn't find one?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah it's hard to find the right person, you know, they have to sing right for our sound." Jake said.

"Yeah- I know what you mean." Mikey replied.

"But you guys are lucky! You got Gee." Jake said

"I didn't know you guys had a band..." Frank said to Elijah and Jake joining in on the conversation.

I kind of shut myself out from then on to be quiet honest. I couldn't look at him! It sucks that I know something about him that he doesn't even know and I suck at keeping secrets. I wasn't even asked to keep it a secret. No one even knew that I knew about this certain secret. Wait... why don't I just tell him? He's been a complete ass to me ever since I knew him! This would kill him! But no...I don't have the guts to do that. I'm not mean...but if someone doesn't tell him he'll go throughout his whole life thinking he lost a kid. What do I do?

"Yeah, we've had one for about a year now...well almost a year." Elijah said.

"Yeah you guys should hear them, they're not half bad." Dez said more to Mikey than to everybody.

"All of you guys can join us. It'd cool to have feedback from our friends." Elijah said.

"Yeah, you guys should join us." Jake agreed.

I gave a small smile trying to hide what I was really feeling inside.

"You wanna?" Mikey asked Frank.

Frank nodded just as the bell rang. "Yeah...why not."

"How log do you think it'll take em' to get the teachers out of the faculty center?" Elijah asked.

"STUDENTS! This is your principal again. You may report to homeroom now." Mr.McCormick said through the speaker suddenly.

We all laughed at this.

"Does that answer your question?" Jake said to his fellow band mate as we all picked up our belongings and head to our homerooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me long to post this one.