When Will This End?

Chapter 15

Image
"Ah! Ray!" I yelled at my friend who just blasted me away in Gears of War.

"Haha! You're gonna loose!" He gushed back.

Everybody laughed as I was failing miserably at this game.

"Ah!" I screeched as Ray took the last shot. "Raaaay- . . . Uh oh. . ."

When the laughing eased up I looked out the window. It was already getting dark and I wasn't home yet.

"What's wrong?" Frank asked as he handed me my soda.

I grabbed it and hurriedly asked "What time is it?"

Frank gave me a knowing look when he realized what I meant. "Uh oh. . ."

"What's wrong?" Gerard asked when Frank looked at his watch.

"It's 6:27!" Frank informed me. "You have to be home in like, three minuets."

"Oooooh you're in trouble!" Bob gushed.

"I am. . ." I told him.

"It can't be THAT bad, I mean. . .what'r they gonna do to you. You're just gonna be a few minuets late."

"Yeah. . ."

Frank must've noticed how worried I was." We should leave now." He said.

"Yeah, sorry guys. "I told them all as we made our way to the car.

When Ray finally pulled into my driveway I saw that an unknown car was parked into the driveway. This probably means that the guest had already arrived.

"Looks like they're here already." I said to Frank and Bob who sat on each side of me.

"They're not gonna be mad. . .your not totally late." Bob said reassuringly.

"Yeah? What time is it now?" I asked him.

He whipped out his phone and took a look at the time. "It's 6:40. That's not bad. You have a life! They can't get mad about that."

"You're right Bobo." I smiled at him as he cringed at me calling him that.

"Don't call me that." He laughed as I pinched his cheek.

Frank opened his side of the door and let me out.

"Thanks for inviting me out today." I told him with a smile.

He smiled back."It was no problem." There was a short pause after that. "You're really good at video games." He laughed.

"Har! Har! Har! Very funny. I know I suck." I told him looking down at my shoes.

"Awww! your not THAT bad." He tried to cheer me up.

"Surrre. . ." I looked up at him. "I better get going now."

"Y-Yeah, um. . . I'll call you later?" He asked.

"Okay." I smiled at him.

After I waved goodbye to the guys, I climbed up the stairs, took out my keys, and opened the door. When I walked in everybody was in the living room. I decided to walk in and at least say hello. When I turned to walk into the living my arm was tugged. I looked behind me to see who had done it.

"Who were you with?" Maddie asked me.

"Looks like you're feeling better." I told her annoyed.

"Who. Were. You. With." She asked again but more sternly.

"Some friends." Was all I said and I proceeded to make my way to the living room.

Maddie then grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to the kitchen.

"Ana! Honey is that you!? Come say hello to our guests!" Mom yelled from the living room.

"Yeah! Mom it's me, I'll be there in a minuet!" I yelled back nicely trying to hide my anger.

"What are you doing?!" I asked Maddie.

"What am I doing?! What are YOU doing with HIM?" She spat at me.

"Why do you care who I hang out with? "

She glanced around the kitchen probably trying to think of an excuse. "Look. You're my sister and I don't want you to end up like me."

"I will NEVER be like you."

"He's lying to you! Don't you see that? How could you be friends with someone who got me in this situation?"

"You got YOURSELF in this situation!"

"How could you say that?" She stared to look offended.

"Just leave me alone." I told her as I walked past her towards the living room, but before I got far I turned back around to look at her one more time. She looked pretty mad. "And since when do you care about me?"

When I walked into the living room I apologized for my late arrival.

"Hi everyone!" I said cheery.

"Neil, Amanda, this is our other daughter, Ana."

"Hello." I smiled at them as I took Neil's hand first then Amanda's as I gave them bought a firm handshake.
As soon as I took a seat next to my mom Emma climbed onto my lap. "Hey Kiddo!" I said as I hugged her.

"Honey why are you so late today? This isn't like you." My mom whispered over to me.

"Yeah- Sorry. I went out with some friends to the arcade and I lost track of time."

"Ah! Don't worry about it! You're young. Enjoy high school while it lasts!" Neil said to me.

I only smiled and nodded.

After dinner was over and Neil and his wife left my mom and I began to clean off the dinning room table. When my mom went to grab Maddie's plate of food, Maddie just sat there sulking. She barley touched her dinner, as usual, and she just sat there looking sad as she stirred the water in her glass.

"Maddie? Honey? What's wrong?" Mom asked her.

Maddie frowned as she told my mom what was on her mind. I didn't care to hear it, so I grabbed what I could and walked into the kitchen. Not even two minuets passed that my mom hollered for me to come back into the dinning room. When I walked in I saw my mom hugging Maddie.

"Go upstairs honey, I have to have a talk with your sister."

Maddie did as she was told and sobbed doing so.

"What's wrong?" I asked her

"Sit."

I did as she said because she didn't look like she was in a happy mood.

"Why are you hanging out with that Frank boy?" She asked sternly.

I just stayed quiet. I already knew what this was all about. Maddie lied to get me in trouble for doing nothing wrong. She just couldn't get enough of herself. She had to make things worse for me.

"Do you even know what he's capable of!? He got your sister pregnant and you're gonna be friends with the creep?"

"My stepsister helped that situation now didn't she, because I'm certain that the father wasn't the only one doing anything."

"Maddie made a mistake and she's learning from it."

"Oh is she?" I just looked down at my hands and shook my head.

"What's with this attitude? This isn't like you Ana. One day with this boy and you gain an attitude?"

"What are you talking about?!" I asked getting really ticked off.

"I don't want you seeing him! You know better! What kind of a sister becomes friends with the boy who got her-"

I couldn't take it anymore."Why is Frank a bad person!? Because he's sorry for what happened!? Because he called the hospital FOR Maddie when she lost her kid!? Because HE came to the hospital to see her but SHE refused to see him! . . .What's so wrong with me being friends with him!? You always wished we would be friends. And now we are. . . . I'm not gonna have sex with him. I'm not Maddie!"

"He's not who you think he is!"

"How the hell would you know!? Because Maddie says?"

She was almost red in the face when I got up and left.