When Will This End?

Chapter 2

Image

I just finished changing and looked at myself in front of the mirror.
"Wait...why am I looking at myself in the mirror? It's just Gerard and Mikey."
"And Frankie!" Emma replied.
I looked at her in her playing with the ends of her dress on the floor. She loved Frank. I don't know why. Well I guess I could understand. Whenever Frank's over he always plays with Emma. He tickles her and treats her nicely. Then when I come along it's always time to make fun of Ana. I never thought there could be so many things wrong with me but Frank just loves to point them out. Like my pudgy stomach for example, and my hair, and my glasses. You know what, I don't care! He's not the boss of me.
"Come on Emma lets go get some grub! "
"Yay!" she said clapping happily.
I carried her down stairs to the living room only to see Frank and Maddie making out and Gerard and Mikey completely ignoring them and watching TV. I let Emma climb down and walk to her playpen where her toys were while I would have my regular conversation with the Way brothers.
"Hey guys." I said referring to Gerard and Mikey. Just then Frank stopped slobbering on my step-sister and popped his head up to say "Hey." and then he went back to the slobbering. I just ignored him. Then Mikey said "Hey Ana." with a bright smile. Gerard just waved and moved over on the couch so I could sit down.
"Did you see the new comic?" Gerard asked.
"Nah, I haven't been by the comic store in a while. Why? What is it about?" I asked him.
"Eh! it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! It's about some retarded super hero that has the power to make bouncing balls."
I looked at him in disbelief. "What? Are you joking?" I asked laughing a little.
As Emma climbed onto my lap Mikey laughed to and said "Yeah. No joke. We were just there and we were reading it. Dude, seriously it's so stupid."
I laughed even more. Just then Brian came in the door.
"Hey kids!" He said
"Daddy!" Emma yelled in excitement. I let her bounce off my lap and into his arms.
"Hi pumpkin!" He said.
Then my mom walked in."Hey honey." She said all cheery as usual.
Then he came into the living room where we were. "Hey Mike, Gerard, Frank. Hey girls."
"Hey Brian" I said.
"Hey Mr. Thompson." The guys said with smiles.
"Hey guys dinner is done." Mom said.
So we all made our way to the dining room where my mom set up a whole feast.
I sat in between Gerard and Mikey. Sadly, Frank and Maddie decided to sit parallel to us. I always hated when Frank would sit in front of me. He'd kick me and laugh about it. He's such an ass.

"Hey Ana! How have you been sweetie." Ms.Iero asked.

"Hi Mrs. Iero! Oh I've been fine."

She came over to me so I could give her a friendly kiss on the cheek. It's totally out of respect. I don't just go around kissing people on the cheek.
Then came Mrs. Way. "Ana! Hi honey. It's so nice to see you again. You look lovely." she said.
Mrs.Way was always nice.
She came over and gave me a hug.

"Yeah right" Frank murmured.

"Shut up Frank." Mrs. Iero growled at her son.

It kinda hurt my feelings when he dose stuff like that. It makes me feel like Mrs. Way just told me that I looked nice even though I might look like crap...but I sucked it up and said " Thanks Mrs. Way."

As mom was serving dinner I took a glance at Frank. He was wearing a Bad Religion shirt and some jeans. He actually looked...nice, but I wasn't gonna tell him that.

"Mom do you need any help serving dinner?" I asked mom.

"Oh no honey it's okay, I got it." She told me.

I nodded in response.
Then Mr. Way came into the dining room. I'm guessing he was using the bathroom.

"Hey kids!"

He said as he made his way to his seat next to Brian and Mrs. Way.
After mom finished serving the plates to everyone. We all dug into the food. I, being a vegetarian, didn't eat as much as everyone else yet they all seemed to be eating faster than me. During dinner everyone would engage in conversation around the table. Everyone but me. Even Emma was talking to herself! I'm not much of a talker. I tend to keep to myself. I don't think of it as a bad thing though. Just then I felt some thing hit my knee kind of hard. I stopped and looked across the table to see Frank looking back at me.

"What!" he said in a rude tone, like always.

I just ignored him. I guess Gerard noticed since he told Frank to stop. Frank just made a 'mph' sound and went on about his conversation with Maddie. I watched as she twirled her hair as he talked to her and touched her cheek...I wish I had that with someone. That will never happen though. Just then I was once again interrupted from my thoughts.

"Earth to Ana." Mikey said.

"Huh?"

"Hey, you okay? "

"Yeah why?"

Mikey knew how I felt. How I hated myself most of the time. How much Frank gets to me. He even knows how my dad used to treat me. My dad would tell me that I'll never find a guy that will love me. That made me want to be like the ideal girl but my dad would just stomp on me... sometimes literally. Even though I just about 8 years old at the time, things like that stick to you forever. Frank just reminds me of it I guess.

"Ah no reason you just...you don't look well." He told me sincerely.

I just smiled and said "I'm fine, promise."

"Okay" he said softly. I knew he knew I was lying but Mikey's a good enough friend to just let it go.

After dinner was over and everyone went home I helped mom clean up. It looked like Frank wanted to stay a little longer for Maddie's sake. Mom and Brian didn't mind of coarse because it was Maddie and Maddie get everything she wants. So I decided to head up to my room. I sat down on my bed and remembered that I threw my diary under my bed. So I checked to see if it as still there. It was! Score! So decided to read a few more entries. I opened it up to an earlier entry. I began to read it.
____________________________________________________________________________
Dear Diary,
My head hurts real bad. Dad hit me real bad this time. I hope mommies ok.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't want to read anymore. I remembered that day like it was yesterday. That was the day my mom was so close to dying... My dad went completely crazy. He hit me repeatedly until my mom stopped him.
I put the diary away in my drawer and curled up on the bed. I couldn't help but cry remembering that day.
I remember my mom telling me to go up to my room and that she'd handle it. Little did I know that, that same night my mom would be rushed to the hospital and my dad was put in jail. I was 9. That was the day I got my diary and what a first entry that was, huh. I remember that day. My grandmother came over as a surprise and you know how grandmas are. They always bring you gifts. She was the one that gave me my diary. I didn't see her much because my dad hated having family over. He hated that my grandma came over that day. That's why he hit my mom. The thing is my mom didn't know my grandma was coming! So he was yelling at her and I told him to leave her alone and that got him really mad. Next thing I knew I was slapped in the face and pushed to the wall. I was bleeding pretty bad so my mom stepped in and ever since that day I've always been afraid of my dad. I mean sure he hit me before but he was usually drunk when he did it, but that last time...he was completely sober. That was a day I'd never forget.
Just then there was a knock at the door. I wiped the tears off my face as best as I could but then I didn't feel like company. So I just said "Go away."
The knocking continued. I sighed "Who is it?".
I hate being too nice. It gives people a reason to walk all over me.
Then came Emma 's tiny voice. "Anna" she said with a slight giggle.
I wiped away more tears as best as I could and walked up to the door, but when I opened it Frank was standing there with Emma in his arms.

"What do you want?" I asked frustrated. Which he could obviously tell from the tone of my voice.

"Maddie's on the phone with Carol and me and Emma have no one to play with." He said like a little boy lost in the park.

"Yeah." Emma said in agreement.

"Emma" I said kneeling down to her eye level. "It's past nine, you should go to sleep now kiddo."
She pouted and yawned and then nodded.
"Go get your Pj's okay." I told her.

"Okay" she said sweetly as she walked off to her room.

I stepped back in my room and sat down on the bed. I was seriously exhausted. I looked down at my hands and felt like I was being watched. So I looked up to see Frank staring at me from the door way.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know?" he shrugged. "Are you okay?" he then asked.

"Why would you care." I said.

"You look like you've been crying."

"I'm okay, I promise." I told him as I pulled my blanket over my head and laid down.

"Okay...night." was all he said before he closed my door.

Why was he being so...so nice?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to post this. I've been correcting some errors. I hope I've corrected them all :)