When Will This End?

Chapter 3

Image

The sound of beeping came to my ears. I opened my eyes and realized it was my alarm. So I reached over and shut it off. I sat up on my bed and yawned.
"I hate Mondays."
I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. While I was doing so Maddie began pounding on the door.
"Ana! Hurry up!" She yelled.
"Hold on! I just got in." I yelled back
By the time I was ready and dressed to go to school Maddie was still in the bathroom doing God knows what. Probably stuffing her bra or something. I wasn't looking forward to going to school today. Something has just been bugging me lately. Every time Frank comes to mind I get depressed and sad. I don't know why. It's driving me crazy!
I went to the bathroom door and pressed my ear to the door and listened to see if everything was okay with Maddie. She was acting pretty weird lately. Even weirder than usual. Just then Maddie pushed open the door and hit me on the head.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked rather pissed off.

"What? You were taking too long and I was worried that you'd flush yourself down the toilet or something."

She just looked at me with a dull expression.

"Yeah sure." was all she said before she stomped away to her room.

"What's her problem?" I said under my breath.

I walked up to her door and knocked it a few times.

"Maddie? Maddie. We're gonna be late to school. Come on hurry up. Kay..."

"Just go. I'll catch a ride later. My uniform's still in the dryer." She replied from her room.

I was so mad. Why couldn't she have told me this earlier. Instead she had me wait here for nothing.

"Whatever." I said and left for school.

When I finally arrived to school my best friend Dez was there. Dez and I have been best friends since I moved to Jersey. I can talk to her about anything. Dez's really pretty and gets attention from a few cool guys. I kind of envy her in a way but not enough to hate her or wish anything against her. I just wish I had the quality of charm like she does. She's so graceful and pleasant. I'm glad to have a friend like her.

"Ana!" she yelled in excitement as I ran up to her and hugged her.

"Hey Dezi."

"How was your weekend?"

"Um, I've had better." I said with a little laugh as I opened my locker.

"Aw, what happened?" she asked. She was so caring to. Sometimes I think she's the only person who really acknowledges my existence besides Emma of coarse.

"Nothing really...just bored I guess." I lied.

"Hey is that Jake's guitar pic?" she asked as she looked at the door of my locker.

"Yeah. He gave it to me after his show the other week."

Jake is another friend of mine. I've known him for a while. He's really sweet.

"Ooh! Ana and Ja-ke sitting in a tree." she started singing.

"Shut up Dezimarie."

"K.I.S.S.I.N.G!"

Just then Jake walked up behind me and hugged me. I jumped a little but calmed down after I realized who it was.

"Speaking of the D-" Dez was starting to say but I smacked her arm slightly as a sign to shut up.

"Hey" he said as he nuzzled into my shoulder. It ticked so I separated from him. "Yay! you still have my lucky pic." he said as he slid his hand over it. He looked over to me and said "You know I don't just trust anyone with my lucky pic."

I smiled and said "Well I guess I'm special." with a little laugh.

"Yeah, you are." He said looking me in the eyes.

"Aw, how cute." Dez butted in.

Just then the bell rang indicating that we had to get to homeroom.
___________________________________________________________________________
Today was going by so fast, it was already lunch. Dez and I were waiting on the lunch line when I realized that I hadn't seen Maddie the whole day and I was supposed to have first period with her. Hm...maybe she skipped today. Whatever it is...I hope she's okay. I know right, how bogus is it that I actually worry about her when she could care less about me.

"Hey isn't that, that Frank kid that gives you a hard time?" Dez asked pointing to who was indeed Frank sitting under a tree behind the back building having a smoke.

"Yeah." I said and looked away. I really didn't feel like being picked on today.

"Good. I still owe him a kick to the crotch for giving you a hard time last week" she said as she started to make her way to Frank.

I pulled out of the line and chased after her. "Dez! Don't! Stop it, come back here." but that didn't work. She kept going.

As soon as she got there she said "Hey. Frank right?" she said.

"...Leave me alone" was all he said.

"No I won't leave you alone you creep! Quit giving my friend a hard time-" Before Dez could finish what she had to say he just walked away.

"What a jackass." she said.

Just as she was about to chase after him again and grabbed her arm. "No Dez stop. Just leave him alone."

"Whatever but he's not getting away next time."

"Come on lets go get some lunch. Mikey's waiting for us." I smiled "Come on Dezi...Mikey's waiting."

Dez always had a thing for Mikey and he had something for her to, but they were just too shy to do anything about it. It was rather cute actually. After we got our lunch and walked off to our usual table Mikey was already there fumbling with his tie. Jake had band practice during lunch today so he couldn't join us.

"You okay there Michael?"

"Very well indeed Annabel."

"Touche' "

We all laughed.

"So Mikey your still not too cool to be eating lunch with juniors." Dez asked him.

"Senior, junior. I don't see the difference." he replied with a nice smile.

"Hey have you realized something wrong with Frankie lately?" Mikey suddenly asked me.

"How would I...I always try my best to ignore him." I said

He laughed and said "Right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry It's so short you guys :/