When Will This End?

Chapter 6

Image

It's been almost two weeks since the whole incident happened. I bet you were expecting that my friendship with Frank would have improved. I bet you thought after him rescuing me that I would have developed a crush on him or that we'd be the best of friends. Well we're not the best of friends...but... things...things have changed. I'm just not sure how I feel about it. We don't really talk that much at all, but when ever we pass each other's path he will say hi to me or just smile. It's just when were around other people that we don't say anything to one another. I don't know why it's like this. I guess it's just awkward. I'm not sure how to explain it.
So here I am sitting in Math class being bored out of my mind as usual. The bell rang again and the last bit of people came rushing in. The teacher was just about to start the topic when suddenly Nolan, the most annoying asshole to walk this planet came and sat in front of me.

"How nice of you to finally join us Nolan. Where have you been the past week and a half?" Ms. Tally asked.

"Why hello there Ms.Tally." He said with that stupid smirk. "I have been unable to attend school these past few days due to the amount of money my parents owed the school." He said sucking up. "I hope I haven't missed anything interesting in this class Ms. Tally. I really hope I haven't or else I just couldn't live with myself."

"Save it Nolan." Ms.Tally retorted back to him.

Nolan just laughed at this.

"You better get all the notes you've missed." She said before she turned around to finished writing on the board.

I silently laughed at this. Ms.Tally might have been an older woman but she was no push over like all the other teachers at this school. In the middle of my thoughts Nolan turned around to face me like he does when he's bored.
Words can't explain this guy. He's...he's so annoying that I wish I could just jab his eyes out. He's like how Frank was before we started our new 'friendship'. Nolan thinks he's the best thing in the room and the biggest bitch in the class, Anastasia, just boosts his confidence. Anastasia is a very pretty african-american girl who makes fun of 'preppy white people' as she puts it, yet she is as preppy as anyone in this school. She thinks she's better than everyone and thinks it's because she has a lighter skin tone than most of her peers, but that still doesn't make her special...she's still an ugly person. She doesn't even bring any books to class. She brings a box of tissues, cream, and a soft drink to class everyday and lays it all out on her desk. Ms.Tally stopped dealing with Anastasia behavior a long time ago. Anastasia and Nolan are perfect for each other. They're both full of them selves.

"Oh Ana did you miss me?" Nolan asked me stupidly.

"No. Why'd you come back?" I asked dully.

"Aw! Come on. You didn't miss me one bit?" He asked again trying to look cute.

"Hell. No. Now Shut up." I simply said.

"Uh oh cuttie don't waste your time with her." Anastasia opened up her big mouth.

Nolan looked over to her and winked at her and she giggled. Gosh how I hate this class. Just as if my prayer had been answered Mr.McCormick came up on the announcements and called for me.

"I would ask at this moment, will Ana Thompson please report to the principle's office? Ana Thompson to the principle's office. "

Everyone just looked at me in shock. I barely say a word in this class. No one in here even knows who I am or that I exist and now that they're hearing my name being called to the principle's office. Their all just amazed it seems.
I didn't know what I did or the reason for my request. I quickly gathered my book and pen, shoved them in my bag and made my way off to the principle's office. It was like a walk
of shame. I felt like everyone in the hall was starring at me even though I knew for a fact that they most likely weren't. I hope they weren't. I approached the office and told Mr. McCormick's secretary that I was requested. She nodded and rushed me into his office.
When the principle came into view I totally wasn't digging the expression in his face. It was sad and almost scared like. I looked at him as confused as I was.

"Ana...I don't know how to explain this fully because I'm sure what caused it but..."

"Mr. McCormick. Please your rambling. Just tell me what happened." I cut him off.

"Madeline...she was rushed to the hospital." He said.

I think my heart stopped because everything...every childhood and preteen memory of when Maddie and I were best friends came to mind.

"What do you mean? Is she okay?" I asked in a softer tone.

I'm not gonna lie. I was scared.

"She was in a fight when a Mr. Frank Iero saw her fall to the ground. He said she couldn't get up and was passing out, so he called the ambulance. She- she was bleeding uncontrollably-"

He was cut off by the secretary. "Is your sister pregnant?" She asked seriously.

I swung my head around and looked at her. "Is she what!" I asked in disbelief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short but don't worry. There's more to come. :)
We'll find out what really happened to Maddie. But for now Merry Christmas everyone! :)