When Will This End?

Chapter 7

Image

I ran up to the woman at the front desk in the hospital.

"I'm looking for Madeline Thompson." I said in a hurry.

She quickly looked down at the computer and back up at me. "She's in intensive care. Only the parents and or siblings are allowed inside."

"I'm here sister."

"Alright. She's in room 32 on intensive care level."

I didn't save anytime to thank her I just ran upstairs. The first thing to come into view was the waiting room. There I saw the back of someone's head who had red dyed on the sides of their head. I stopped for a few second then recognized who it was.

"Frank!" I ran over to him.

He quickly wiped his head around to look at me. His face was pale. His eyes were moist and he looked scared.

"Where's my sister?" I quickly asked him.

"Her room is in that hallway over there." He said quietly pointing to the left of us.
I nodded quickly and was about to walk towards that direction when Frank tugged my arm a little. "Ana...before you go...I want you to know that I didn't mean for this to happen."

"What do you mean Frank? Did you do this to her!" I was ready to beat his ass when he cut me off.

"No! No! I promise. I didn't lay a hand on her. It's just..." He paused "It's better if Maddie tells you herself." Was all he said before letting loose of my arm.

What did he mean by that? Tears were running down my face at the moment. I was so confused. I don't know what to expect when I go in to see her. As I walked down the hallway I glance at each door number. I was up to door 28. 29. 30...31...32. I stopped in front of the door. Why am I so nervous? I slowly reached for the door knob. I grasped it tightly and opened the door slightly. I peeked inside and saw the doctor. She was a middle aged woman probably in her mid forties. I stepped in quietly but not to quiet. I wanted the doctor to know that I was present. The doctor turned around and looked at me and smiled warmly.

"Hello? And who might you be?" She asked nicely.

I couldn't help but look at Maddie. I was always afraid of hospitals. I hated the way hospitals looked with their pale white walls and uncomfortable looking beds. Especially the fact that many people die in hospitals. Maddie looked pale. Her eyes were bloodshot. She was awake but she didn't even acknowledge that I had stepped in the room. I don't think she even cared that the doctor was here either.

"I'm her sister." I replied letting a few tears escape my honey colored eyes.

The doctor nodded. "Oh. Well I am Dr. Mary McCormick. Your principle is my husband." She said as she looked over at Maddie and held her hand lightly.

I didn't even know Mr.McCormick had a wife...

"Madeline? Your sister is here." Dr. McCormick said to Maddie.

Maddie didn't even budge.

"We're going to step outside for a bit, okay. Then you can have your sister all to yourself. Okay sweetie?" Dr. McCormick whispered quietly into Maddie's ear.

Then she made her way towards me. she smiled and quietly led me to the door. I quickly glanced at Maddie. She was still staring in mid-air. Dr. McCormick opened the door and waited for me to step out before her. I did so and she followed as she closed the door. She led me to the waiting room where we met Frank and to my surprise the principle was there as well. I guess he had to be here since the accident happened at his school and probably to see his wife.

"Hello Mr. Iero." She nodded towards Frank. "Hi honey." She said as she walked over to her husband as he then gave her a little peck on the cheek.

"What's the damage Hun?" Mr. McCormick asked his wife.

"Well Madeline was pregnant.-"

My mouth fell agape. I couldn't believe it. Maddie was pregnant? I just- I just couldn't believe this!

"-Due to the fight she got into at school...she lost the child." Dr. McCormick said looking over at Frank and I.

I let more tears fall from my eyes as I brought my hand up to cover my mouth.

"Oh Shit." Frank muttered.

"What do you mean she was pregnant!" I accidentally yelled out at Dr. McCormick.

"She didn't tell you?" The doctor asked surprised.

"She couldn't have been. She was fine the past few days." I said.

"She hadn't told anyone?" Mr.McCormick asked.

I shuck my head no.

But at the same time Frank interrupted. "I knew..."

"You! You knew? How did you know!" I asked angrily.

He had the look of a man who was guilty of serious crime. "I-I was the father..."

I felt Mr. & Dr. McCormick's eyes fall on me. I was in complete shock. Oh my dear God! Frank and Maddie had...sex? Oh my God. I can't believe this. Was this what he meant when he said he was sorry? I -I...

I stared at him in complete shock. "You...no. Your lying Frank. Please tell me your lying!"

He just let tears fall down his eyes continuously. "Ana I'm s-"

I pushed past him and headed towards Maddie's room. Dr.McCormick called out after me. I heard multiple foot steps in a rush behind me. When got to her door I pushed it open. I saw Maddie sit up as she was crying uncontrollably.

"Annie! Annie! I'm so stupid! I'm such a slut!" She yelled.

I walked over to her. "Yeah so I bet you feel dumb now huh?"

She looked up at me. Her eyes were even redder and her face wasn't pale anymore it a shade of bright pink. She looked so sad and depressed. " Annie...I got pregnant and...I-Ilost my baby..." She whispered. Suddenly she began to shake as she cried. "I didn't mean to. Annie. I swear. I didn't mean to." She said sobbing.

I couldn't stand to watch my sister like this. I've always resented her since we started junior high, when she began to change and I wasn't a part of her life anymore. But seeing her now, in this situation, it makes me realize that Maddie is still the same old Maddie deep down inside. When she called me Annie like she always used to I just- I just knew that I couldn't yell at her then and there. I couldn't give her a hard time right now. I have to be a good sister and just be here for her.

Just then Mr & Dr. McCormick came in. "Girls?" The doctor asked unsure if I was going to pummel my sister to the ground.

I didn't do such a thing. I walked over to Maddie and enveloped her into a tight hug.

"It's okay Maddie Baby. It's okay.." I whispered to her as she hugged back just as tight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it seems kind of short. :-/
But whoa! Don't it suck that Maddie and Frank actually well...you know.
More to be revealed in the next chapter.