When Will This End?

Chapter 8

Image

I stood by the window in Maddie's room. Maddie was relaxing in the bed at the moment. She wasn't making a sound so I assume that she's finally asleep. I'm so mad at her. I just...I just don't know why. Is it the fact that she's been having sex or that she had sex with Frank? Why would I care that she's had sex with Frank? That's none of my business.
The hospital called our parents and Maddie was scared shitless. I had to stay with her. After the whole scene with Maddie and I, I completely forgot about Frank. I feel so disgusted about this whole situation. I just don't understand the whole concept of kids my age and younger having sex. What's the point of doing something meant for those who are in love. Maddie has claimed to be in love with numerous guys throughout the years I've known her.
I remembered the first time we met... . It was first day at a new school and I was never a very social person due to the marks on my skin. I avoided people because I didn't want to have to answer questions. I remember walking into the classroom. Everyone's eye's fell on me except this one blonde girl in the back row. She was in a group of brunettes so it was easy to pick her out. I was lucky enough to be seated next to her. I looked over to her and saw that she was busy coloring in her Power Rangers coloring book. I loved the Power Rangers so of corse that was the first thing to attract me to her. We spent the whole day talking about the Power Rangers!

I laughed to myself reminiscing about that day.

Maddie and I became the best of friends. We scheduled play dates and everything. That's how mom and Brian became interested in each other. That's how we became a big 'happy' family. Well their happy...me, eh, not so much.

Point is! Maddie should have known better.This is the kind of stuff that happens to kids when they're not careful about what they're doing. This is what happens when you don't think for yourself.

I stood watching the view outside the window. My arms were crossed due to the temperature in the room. It was the middle of Fall but felt more like winter. It just happened to be raining cats and dogs today. It was also getting pretty late.
Just then I heard a ruffling sound. Maddie must have woken up...

"You've been awfully quiet." She said.

I didn't say anything back.

There was a short silence before Maddie spoke up again

"Do you think they'll be mad?" She asked referring to Mom and Brian.

"Is that a serious question?" I asked her back.

"They're gonna kill me, aren't they?" She said more to herself.

"Maddie. What were you thinking!"

"I don't know okay! We used protection. It wasn't like I did this on purpose!"

Just then Brian came bursting through the door with mom in tow. He looked furious. Mom looked scared. Brian was red in the face! I stepped away from the window and headed towards mom. She immediately wrapped her arms around me tightly.

She whispered over to me "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

She just smiled like she always does. It annoyed me when mom would act like everything is cool. I then I put my full attention to Brian and Maddie. He was just staring at her as she stared at her hands letting tears drop furiously on her finger tips. Brian wouldn't say a word he just walked over to her and hugged her closely.

"Maddie?...Sweetie? What happened?" Mom asked calmly.

Maddie didn't say anything. She just cried silently to herself.

"Are you gonna tell us what happened or not!?" Brian yelled.

It startled me bit. Mom walked over to Brian and placed her hand over his shoulder lightly. It seemed to calm him down a bit but not fully. He moved closer towards Maddie and sat down on the side of her bed. He placed his head in his hands and just sat there. Maddie, still in the bed, couldn't look at her father. She was just crying continuously.

"God, Maddie..." Brian sobbed.

Mom grabbed my hand slightly leading me out the door. "We should leave them alone for a bit." She said to me.

I nodded and followed her outside into the waiting area.
About fifteen minuets or so passed by. Mom and I sat there in silence. Although I knew my mother. She would sit in deep thought for a while and then speak her mind after a while. I sat there contemplating her. It would be a matter of second before she bursts.

"Ana..."

I knew it.

"Tell me what happened." She said sternly.

For some reason the feeling of sadness came over me. I didn't feel like repeating the events of today but I knew that I had to in order to get her off my back. It's just that I'm so disappointed and grossed out to the pit of my stomach.

"She got into a fight at school and the principle called me into his office. He told me what happened and I rushed over here. That's when I found out that Maddie was pregnant..."

"What do you mean was?" Mom asked scared.

"...She lost the baby..." I said.

Mom immediately started to cry. She quickly got up and made her way to Maddie's room in a furiously worried manner. I just sat there. Should I go after her? My thoughts were interrupted as I felt that someone was staring at me. I looked up to see the one person who I wasn't in any mood to see.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"H-how is she?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" I said as I kept my head low again.

"Ana- I-I I..."

"Just save it Frank!"

I looked up at him once more. He had tears in his eyes. I...I wanted to kill him and hug him at the same time. Is that weird?
He sank down in the seat next to me. I just chipped the remainder of the nail polish on my nails off. I feel so awkward at the moment. Should I say something? What am I gonna say? Again my thoughts were interrupted when Frank spoke up.

"I don't know what to do..." He said sadly.

I looked over at him again.

"...Frank... there's nothing you can do. There's nothing that any of us can do." I said truthfully.

I think I kind of crushed his spirit a bit because he leaned his head against the chair and stared up into space almost like he was waiting for death to come and take him.

"When she told me she was pregnant...I-I didn't know what to think." He finally said. "I was just about to break up with her but then she just dumped that on me...Then she told me...she told me that she was two months. I got so mad at her... all I could ask myself is why didn't she tell me?"

I stared at him questioningly.

"It was only one time. I-I didn't actually think she'd get pregnant..." He said lastly.

I felt sympathy for him at this moment. I mean sure it was hard on Maddie but this affected Frank to. I guess he isn't some heartless hormonal asshole. He actually cared...

"It's gonna be okay Frank." I told him.

" I don't think it is...My parents are gonna kill me! My mom is gonna call my dad over here and they're both gonna give me hell... They're gonna be so disappointed in me Ana- you have no idea..."

Just then Brian came storming out of Maddie's room and into the waiting area where Frank and I were. He was red in the face and furious!

"I'm guessing kind of like that." I replied to Frank as we both looked at Brian headed towards us.

"IERO!" Brian yelled loudly causing everyone in the waiting room even the nurses to attract their attention to him.

He continued stomping towards us with his hands rolled into fists. I saw him look at Frank is a murderous way. I quickly jumped out of my seat and ran over to Brian as mom ran up from behind him to help me hold him down. Brian was so strong he almost threw me off of him as I stepped in front of him attempting to hold his arms down as mom jumped on his back to slow him down...I wish I could say that it worked but... well. There were a few male nurses that came to help us hold Brian back and have him sit down in one of the chairs as Frank backed away slowly. I got out of the crowd of people trying to calm Brian down and made my way towards Frank and grabbed him by the hand and rushed to the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shizz you guys!