Every Mistake That I Make

Chapter Eleven

“Fucking detention...” Dallas growled to herself as she stormed away from her classroom with a murderous face that let everyone that passed her know that she wouldn’t hesitate to use violence if they bothered her. Needless to say, everyone gave her a wide berth and she made it to the girls’ toilets without anyone she was even vaguely friends with stopping her for a chat like they normally would.

In the toilets Dallas flung herself into the nearest cubicle and slammed the door shut, sliding the lock across and propping her feet up against the back of the door.

She was in there for a few minutes, silently fuming, when the main toilet door swung open and about three girls piled in, giggling and talking. She recognised one of their voices instantly as belonging to Rachael and groaned inwardly.

“...And it’s like, Mikey’s so much better than Gerard at kissing...Gerard’s just...Oh God. Gerard’s not even fucking nice to look at and he’s far too close to that fat bitch that he hangs around with all the time...what’s her name...Da...”

“Dallas?” one of her friends supplied helpfully.

“Yeah, her.”

“Isn’t Mikey close to her too though?”

“Not anymore. They’ve fallen out...”

“Over what?”

“Oh, she saw us at Gerard’s party,” Rachael answered casually.

“Really?!” one of her friends gasped. “Won’t she tell Gerard?”

“Not if she knows what’s good for her. I plan on stringing this out with Gerard for as long as I can...Mikey won’t like it but I don’t care...I like the thrill of cheating on someone...Of course, I’m not with Mikey for anything else but that thrill, and he’s hardly going to leave me...he fucking thinks this is for real...”

Her friends all laughed loudly and Dallas felt so mad that she slammed her feet onto the ground and opened up the cubicle door, glaring at the three girls.

“You lot, are fucking evil,” she found herself spitting at them. “Especially you.”

Rachael’s face paled momentarily, but she quickly regained her speech.

“Mommy never tell you its rude to listen to others conversations?”

“Mommy never tell you that only sluts cheat on their boyfriends?” Dallas retorted angrily. “You’re stringing two guys a long for this ‘thrill’? What’s your problem? Is it because they’re the only guys that would go out with you?”

“You have no idea who’d go out with me –”

“Well, clearly it’s none of the guys you usually go for. You losing your touch or something? Or are people losing their respect for you? Do you know how many people know you’re cheating on Gerard? A lot of people. And my God, do you know what they’re all saying?” Rachael didn’t reply. “Yeah, you know what they’re saying. Does it make you feel happy? Still feeling that thrill?” Dallas felt like spitting. “No, you’re not, because you’ve just realised what you’ve got at stake. When I was in hear last week listening to you spout a load of crap – yes, I heard that too – you had about ten followers hanging onto your every word. Now you’ve only got three. The rest of them are the ones going on about how you’re a slut!” Dallas shook her head. “No one round here likes cheaters,” she said softly, “and you’re beginning to realise the cost of becoming one. Your empire’s falling, Rachael, and just because you thought it would be fun to seduce to misfits. I bet you feel really pleased with yourself.”

Dallas turned and walked out of the toilets.

She’d had enough of Rachael Leone.