I'd Never Thought They'd Get Me Here

London

Bob’s POV

We’ve been driving for two hours now. London isn’t that far away now and we should be there within an hour, maybe half an hour. This whole situation seemed so unrealistic. The dead walking the earth, infecting everyone they can. It was like a bad dream. A very bad dream.

I looked up and down the van. In the back Mikey, Gerard and Frank were talking. The girls were talking quietly, Ellie seemed to be sleeping and Ray was driving. After the incident earlier everyone had calmed down a lot more. But I think they were right, everything is going crazy around here.

“So how old are you guys?” I asked Cat after a minute.

“Me, Em and Dani are 18.” She said with a smile. “The other two are 19.”

“You’re younger than I thought.” I commented.

“Yeah, well most girls our ages don’t run round with guns they’ve only just figured out how to use.” She shrugged. “How old are you guys?”

“I’m 23, Mikey’s 22, Gerard and Ray are 24 and Frank’s 20.” Cat nodded, remembering it all.

“You were coming to do a tour of England then?” She asked.

“Yeah.”

“Wow, I didn’t know that. If I had we’d have got tickets.”

“Well it doesn’t really look like we can do much of a show now.” I sighed. “What with everyone dead.”

“Yeah, that’s a kind of downer.”

“Just a bit.”

“Guys, we’re nearly there.” Ray called.

“We should be on the outskirts of London soon.” Lucy told us, looking out the window at the signs. “Give it about 15 minutes to get to the centre.”

“It’s weird.” Dani muttered. “London with no traffic.”

“Where are all the dead people?” Em asked. “I was sure they’d be making their way here.”

“What?” Mikey asked her. “You decided to take us to a place where you thought all the dead people would be?”

“Well… we needed to get to London…” She shrugged.

“So where are they then?” I asked.

“Dunno.” Cat replied. “As long as they’re not here I don’t really care.”

“Try getting to the parliament place.” Lucy told Ray. “I guess they’ll have some way of contacting other countries parliaments and stuff.”

“Yeah, we’ll just walk right in and pick up the phone book…” Dani muttered.

“Do you have a better idea?” Lucy asked Dani. Dani shook her head.

“Might take us a while until we find what we’re looking for.” Em said. “We should stop for the night again.”

“Find a hotel.” Lucy instructed. “We find a small hotel, bed and breakfast or something. Somewhere with a shower…”

Ray drove for another 20 minutes before finding a small bed and breakfast in an empty street. Driving along we’d seen the occasional body on the floor. It was creepy, looking at the lifeless person lying on the floor. Usually with half their head missing, where it had been shot at.

“We need to check the rooms.” Lucy instructed. It seemed she’d taken over from Ellie for a while. “There are three floors. Bob, Em, Dani and Cat check the top floor.” We stood together. “Me, Gerard and Mikey will check the middle floor and Ellie, Frank and Ray check the ground one.”

Everyone nodded and we split up. I followed the three girls up the stairs and into a corridor. There were several doors on each side, I guess we needed to check every room.

[A/N: don't suppose i could get just a few more cooments? Pwease? And thanks to you who've commented already with your thoughts/breakfasts.... now my sister is moanign to me about my attatchment to shampoo bottles only coz i have 5 empty ones in the cupboard, so i best go sort that out...]