I Want To Wake Up Where You Are

Untitled

It was another day on tour and I decided I wanted to do something different to our set. I had one song on which I sung my voice was soft and very melodic and it really didn’t suite our music very much except for one song called “Broken Up” all I sung was a verse but the words meant so much to me and I think by me singing it would help let out some of how I was feeling.
To my surprise the band agreed and I mean I was very surprised but I think the boys still felt bad for pressuring me into talking to Max even though it wasn’t there faults at all.

“Im all tangled up,
In this web I’ve created,
You left me stuck
In a world where im dying
And trying to get out
But its hopeless I know
You’ve left me cold and alone”

Those were my lines and I sung them with heart like my life depended on them and in a way my life did. How I saw it those words were my exact feelings.

I headed back to the tour bus to get Adam our merch girl was minding him while we played. I think she enjoyed having him around she was very childish her self and we always came back to a messed up tour bus with blocks and toys everywhere and usually a kids movie playing to which she paid more attention then Adam.

“Hey kiddies” I exclaimed as I opened the door
“Hey Anna, how did you go?”
“Actually pretty good and I feel good about it” I smiled as I garbed hold of Adam
“That’s awesome”
“Thanks im just going to grab Adam and we might go get some ice cream hey Mr.”
She laughed “That sounds like a plan I will get out of your hair”
“Thanks heaps Jenna”

We headed out to the ice cream stand that I had earlier seen at the venue we were currently at I was beginning to lose track of where we were I know that sounds terrible but it was also true, when your never in the same place for more then two days it gets a bit like that.

We had almost gotten to the ice cream stand when we were stopped by you will never guess who. I know what you thinking im not dumb its probably just Max (tehehehehehe) it wasn’t it was actually Aaron Gillespie. He appeared in front of us coming out of no where with his bright orange hair falling to his shoulders and his soft eyes grazing past Adam before they made there way back to me. I think he surprised Adam too because he held onto my hand tighter and reached out to grab an imaginary ice cream as if to say don’t stop now mummy where so close.

“Hey your Anna right?” it wasn’t much of a question just to get my attention
“Yea hey”
“I caught your set earlier it was really good and your voice is amazing it’s so velvety and it sounds like you truly meant every word you sang” I laughed at him
“That’s probably because I do but thanks a heap that means a lot”
“Oh im sorry and im Aar…” I cut off his introduction
“I know your Aaron Gillespie” I said with slightly a proud smile on my face and he just laughed at me
“That I am”
“Mummy I want ice cream” Adam said trying to reach for the imaginary ice cream again
“Oh im sorry I interrupted”
“No don’t be we were just going to go get some ice cream do you want to join us”
“Hells yea I can never say no to ice cream” I laughed at his quirkiness and popped Adam up holding him against my hip
“Adam his is Aaron, Aaron this is my son Adam”
“Nice to meet you Adam” Aaron shock his little hand and Adam had a huge smile plastered to his face

After getting our ice cream strawberry for me and Aaron and vanilla for Adam we sat at a picnic table near by to eat. Adam sat and stuffed his little munchkin face getting ice cream everywhere from his nose to his chest luckily I had placed several napkin all over his clothing to protect him. I and Aaron talked about the most random of things like my personal life, like oh my god he is Aaron Gillespie and were talking about me!

“Okay I hope you don’t mind me saying this but you look way too young to have a kid” I laughed he seemed so scared to ask
“Thanks I suppose but yea I am too young I was only 17 when I feel pregnant and I’ve been raising him on my own…we that’s not true my band have helped me a lot” I sighed
“Oh so I hope im not intruding or anything but can I ask” I laughed at him
“Its okay to ask Aaron I think after the past couple days I have had I have come to grips with all the crappy decisions I have made that planned out my bizarre life so fire away” I laughed
“Who’s the dad?” he asked with caution dripping from each word
I gulped it was the first person I had really told “Max Green”
“Like Escape the Fate Max Green” he questioned
“Yea” I wasn’t laughing anymore and I just sighed at my own realization
“Wow I was like talking to him yesterday and he seemed totally lost in his own thoughts…like totally depressed and just not with it”
“Yea that could be my fault he didn’t know about Adam till about 3 days ago and he hasn’t spoken to me since”
“Wow im sorry that must suck for you”
“Yea it kind of does but I guess its my own fault in a way”

Our conversation went on for a bit longer until Aaron realised he had to go to sound check. So I let him go and he promised we would catch up later. If only one good thing was going to come from this tour I knew it was going to be my friendship with Aaron.