I Want To Wake Up Where You Are

The All Star Diaries

Epitaph gave us 14 months that’s one year two months to come up with an album, that meant everything from writing songs to writing thank yous’ that would go in the back of the album booklet.
This wasn’t a problem for us me and Vince especially could write songs easy, we had the life experience no more like the life drama to really be able to write songs. But most of all, this entire album was just fun to make writing songs with your best friends. We loved being able to say ‘yea I wrote this part and I wrote this part and I added the music here and yada yada yada’. When it came down to recording it was harder I couldn’t just hold Adam and play guitar at the same time and I couldn’t just sit him on the couch in the waiting room because he would get restless and manage to find his way around and touch everything in his reach (he was at the stage where everything amazed him and he had to touch it).

We went out for lunch one day while we were in the recording process and found this little toy store it seemed really old and vintage like and we all loved it and ran around like we were kids ourselves. Anyway we bought this real cheap high chair to place in the room next to the recording one, and Juliet bought Adam this toy thing where you weaved wooden blocks around these large wired things really I have no idea what it was but It kept him occupied for hours.

Once we got back to the studio we popped him in his high chair facing where I was recording with the toy blocks in front of him. There he was able to watch me while I could also watch him. I was recording some of my guitar parts when I turned to look at him smiling up at me when Alex walked up behind him and placed these giant headphones on his ears that looked to be way too big for him and it and it made me laugh so hard I had to stop playing. Adam just placed his little hands on the giant headphones and looked at me bewilder. My laugh was caught on recording and used on a song on our album.
♠ ♠ ♠
soz guys i know its extremly short i will post again 2moz

i wish i knew who was subscribing to my stories leave me comments and feedback
please and thankyou
<3 Dani