Coppertone

What A Catch

William’s POV

It was wonderful having Kate back. Okay, so we weren’t exactly dating, but it was still nice to have her friendship as mine again. Let me explain what happened after Fuse.

We ran into the rain holding hands. We went to my hotel room because we needed to talk. We sat on my bed, and before I could grab her hand again, she stopped me. “Will, I’m sorry. I can’t deal with a relationship right now.” She told me. I sighed.

“Yeah, I know, I’m sorry.” I told her, “You just need a friend right now.” She seemed relieved to know that I was okay with just being friends.

“Will, thank you so much. Maybe I’ll be ready for one in a while, but right now I just need a friend.” She told me. “Thanks for understanding.” She said with a smile. I stood up as she did and she gave me a huge hug.

“Anything for you, Kate.” I told her, holding her close. “I’ll always be here.” I said.


Kate’s POV

Will was being so understanding, I wondered if it was the same person. I mean, of course it was, but something about him had changed. Something about the way he knew I only wanted a friend and the way he gave hugs and listened was different.

Shane kept bugging me about why I just wanted to be friends with Will. And, okay, sometimes I want to be more. When I look in his eyes, my heart melts. If he hugs me, and I’m leaning with my face in his chest, I’m reading to pull him down and kiss him.

Only, it’s not that easy. I’m worried about the amount of dedication he would be willing to have. I broke up with him for a reason, and I can’t just pretend like my heart wasn’t broken. I like to think I’ve learned from my past.

William’s POV

In the final checklist, I’m not horribly upset about only being friends with Kate. Yes, I would like to be more, but she’s happy right now. I won’t tell her that I love her.

I love Katlyn Smith. I love her with all my heart, and I don’t think she’ll ever know.

Mike said he’s thinking of proposing to Sydnie later, on Christmas. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for him. Hopefully his love life will not be nearly as confusing as mine is setting course to be.

Kate is encouraging me to look at other girls, and I tell her I’ll keep my mind open, but my heart is set. My heart will only beat for Kate, I know. I love her, and maybe someday she will learn to love me too. I can only pray that one day she will.

I am trying as hard as I cannot to kiss her or hold her for a few seconds longer whenever I see her, but it is so hard.

I’m beginning to accept our friendship a little more everyday, but I might break and expose my heart to her soon. I know that’s the last thing she needs, but I can’t help it. Her beautiful brown hair and truthful dark eyes make me fall in love with her all over again. I know she broke my heart, and I don’t think I could handle that again.

I have her back now, even if as a friend, and I am not letting her go. I love her, and will protect her from other guys, and sometimes I might just have to protect her from myself, so I’ll do my best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um... -hides- I'm terribly sorry. Really, I am. It's been ages, and here are my lame excuses:
I was in a show this past weekend, and had rehearsals every night from 5-10, so I was literally busy all day going from school to theatre. It is finals week, and I'm kind of trying not to go to public high school, so I need to raise my grades. Good news is that in my worst class I have like a 68 but I got an 89 on the final. Only one more tomorrow, and I go to Minnesota with my family on Sunday. I will try my best. My usual inspiration is also busy with finals and stuff, but I might see her tomorrow. Hopefully I will, she needs to make sure the cats don't die when we're up north.
I'm so sorry!
Thanks for reading,
~Liz
PS- Folie Á Deux is fantastic, agreed? Agreed.