This Loveless Lullaby

After Math.

Image

“How great was that?!” Kevin Jonas howled kicking his shoes off grinning like a mad fool. I smiled at his happiness and set my purse down locking the door to our penthouse apartment.

“It was amazing.” I grinned, slipping off my very own shoes. “It-It was brilliant! Wow, our fans are going to be blown away by this album!” Kevin shouted grabbing a soda from the kitchen.

“I’m sure they will be, they always are” I said softly standing in the middle of the foyer, he nodded and laid out on our huge brown couch,

“What’s up with you?” Kevin asked raising an eyebrow; I shook my head and walked up to him, “Unzip me?” I asked, I felt his warm hands trail down my back unzipping the maroon color fabric,

“Do you think we did well tonight Ali?” I stared down at him, looking into his questioning eyes, no matter how confident, cocky; over the top Kevin was he was always deeply self conscious.

I nodded and pecked his lips, “They loved you” I said leaving him to go shower. I washed my body and hair clean and stepped out of the shower examining myself in the foggy mirror.

I was tan, and slightly tall, with light blond hair and dark brown, typical girls next door look. I was nothing to special, I didn’t need to be. Sighing I brushed my hair and teeth and finished up,

“Kev?” I called from the master bedroom; there was no response but the one coming from the T.V. “Kevin?” I asked walking into the living room, there pasted out in the couch was a snoring Jonas.

I smiled and took a blanket out from the closet and gently placed it on top of him, “Night baby,” I said quietly kissing the top of his head.

--

“Ali have you seen my shoes?!” Kevin hollered from the inside of our master closet. I sighed and poured some two percent milk into my dry cereal.

“Which ones?!” I hollered back rubbing my eyes, “Ugh, the ones I wore last night! You put them away didn’t you? You lose everything of mine!” Kevin huffed frustrated.

I sighed and pushed my messy hair aside walking over to him, “here” I said simply standing on my toes to reach for the shoes, which happened to be placed neatly on the top shelf of the shoe section in our closet,

“They are where they always are” I said, Kevin sighed and struggled to balance himself as he put on his shoes.

“Are you coming home for dinner tonight?” I asked leaning on the door frame, “Because if you are I’ll make something.”

Kevin ran his hand through his wet hair, “Yea, sure I guess.” I nodded and walked back into the kitchen finishing up my cereal.

“Bye Ali!” Kevin called before shutting the door behind him, “I love you to” I mumbled shoving the bowl into the dish washer.

That was the epitome of our whole conversation in the morning. Yelling, arguing, Kevin leaving, and me, simply sitting here by myself with nothing to do.

The house phone began to ring, “Hello?” I asked fondling with the cord. “Ali, long time no talk sister!” Rebecca Duke giggled on the other line.

I groaned and leaned on the kitchen counter, “is this a bad time? I’ll call back” Becca said unsurely, “No no sorry Becs Kevin just left in his usual hurry and what not this morning” I said,

“That boy doesn’t quiet does he?” Rebecca chuckled, “How are you two anyway?” I opened the fridge and studied its contents, we need more milk.

“Well if you consider being ignored well, then yup we’re pretty great right now!” I sighed closing the fridge. “Still? I thought you two got over that! How long have you been married for three years?”

I nodded and picked at some open grapes, “Yup and it’s been lovely.” I said bitterly “Ugh, I need a tan” I replied looking at my paling arms, “Shall I come over?” I smiled brightly and chuckled.

“If you insist,” I replied, Rebecca chuckled and promised she would come over in the next thirty minutes, opening up the fridge once more I sighed.

I need to go shopping for dinner tonight. Kevin was actually going to sit down and have a meal with me, which seemed like months ago,

Damn, what to make?
♠ ♠ ♠
So second chapter! anywho please comment and rate, possibly tell me what you think? =] Jess