Im Your Angel Forever and Always

If the world needs something better, lets give the

Gerard's POV

Ergh why the fuck did I have to drink so much last night? I feel like I'm going to puke. I should’ve stayed home, that way I could recover easily and sleep al day. But instead I'm sitting on this stupid ferry going to work, and by my watch which says 8.40 it looks like I'm going to be late; again.

Oh Fuck.

I just remembered, it was Mikey's birthday yesterday. Shit I didn’t even ring him to wish him Happy Birthday, shows how much of a good brother I am. I better give him a call.

I flip open my cell and dial Mikey's number.

“Hello” he answers sounding depressed.

“Hey Mikey, how are you” I reply trying to sound cheerful, but it's quite hard when you have a hell of a hangover.

“I'm fine, you know yesterday it was my birthday and I only got one phone call wishing me Happy Birthday. No one else called, not you and not even Alicia!” he snaps sounding annoyed now.

“Who was the phone call by” I ask.

“Frank, he even sung me happy birthday” he replies.

“Aww, I'm sorry Mikes, I was busy yesterday we had a long meeting at work, and seriously it went on most of the day” I lie.

“Don’t lie Gerard” Mikey drones.

“Okay I'm sorry I completely forgot, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY..for yesterday” I cheer, nearly throwing up.

“Well thank you, so how is everything?” Mikey asks.

“Okay I guess, I got a new flat mate a couple of weeks ago, her names Kat, she’s cool”

“Is she your girlfriend?” Mikey asks.

“Ew no, she’s got a boyfriend, I would never go there anyway shes not my type”

“Yea Frank's your type ae Gee” Mikey says.

“Yea” I reply as I see a plane nearing the Towers. Shit it's pretty close.

“So when are you coming to visit?” Mikey asks.

“Holy Fuck!” I shout as the plane flies straight into the tower. Everyone else on the ferry gasps as a large veil of fire surrounds the top part of the tower. Large clouds of thick smoke linger around the building as the glass on the windows shatter and fly through the air. The other people on the ferry stare mouths wide opened in shock. I gaze at the horrible site, some how I can't close my eyes, i can't make it go away. It's horrifying.

“Gerard…what's happened I can hear people screaming in the background” Mikey says.

His words seem to be blocked out by the horror that I'm in. I must be having a bad dream and sooner or later I’ll wake up and everything will be okay. But I'm not waking up. I shut my eyes and when I open them I see the same thing over and over again. I feel fear, anger, curiosity, hopelessness; angst and sorrow brew in my insides. What could’ve happened to cause this? Many people around me start to cry, others sit there gazing blankly at the towers.

“Gerard, what's happened, man you’re starting to freak me out” Mikey worries.

“T-t-t-h-h-h-e-e t-tower, a p-plane –c-crashed i-i-n-nt-to it” I studder, tears slowly forming in my eyes.

“What. What tower”

“T-t-w-w-i-n towers” I reply.

“Oh shit” he answers.

Thick clouds of smoke fill the rooms.

You’re not in this alone. Those 5 words replay over and over in my head; it makes me want to scream it out as loud as I can. I want the people trapped up there to hear those words. I want them to feel comforted, I want them to know they aren’t in this alone
It's almost as if I can hear the screams of the people trapped, I can hear them pleading, begging for their life. Hello Angel, tell me where are you?. They’re calling out for help, but no ones coming.
I realize Mikey is still on the phone, he’s screaming at me down the line asking me what's happening am I alright and is it serious. It's impossible for me to answer him; all I'm able to do is watch the burning inferno as it takes the lives of innocent people. I want to tell Him everything, but I can't speak I can only let tears fall from my eyes. We can't close our lids on burning eyes
Suddenly something completely unexpected happens; people are jumping out of the windows. Not just one person but many people. My eyes widen as I see someone nose-dive from one of the very top floors, I can tell why. They want to escape the burning flames and dense smoke, they want to get out. The heat must be unbearable as I see more and more people jumping for their lives. I close my phone, and fall to my knees my stomach begins to churn. I quickly crawl to the side of the ferry and empty out this morning’s breakfast along with the other toxins from last night. I hurl over and over again, not because I'm hung over but because it makes me feel sick to death seeing all those people falling.

I can't take it anymore it's all so overwhelming. The fire begins to spread upward sending coats of thick black smoke up into the air. More people jump, some of them on fire it's fucking horrifying. It reaches in and tears your flesh apart.
It feels like ice cold hands are ripping into my heart as more and more tears stream down my cheeks. It's unbearable.

I hear loud screams as I gaze up and see a plane crash into the second tower.

But everything has gone blank and my eyes close for what seems like the first time in ages.
If the world needs something better, lets give them one more reason now

------
Sorry for not updating in ages. I seemed to have a mild case of writers block, I knew what I was writing about but I couldn’t put the words together properly.
And I'm sorry for a shitty update too, you all probably expected something really good especially since it's a chapter about 9/11. It's the best I could do, and I really wanted to update.

Xxxx
Thank you all.
I love all of you!

Remember
Comments
=
Love!

Xxxx
Tiana