Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Distracted

"So, you and Ava?" I couldn't help but listen to the conversation between Ryan and Brendon when my name was mentioned. I had been walking by the room they were in, going to meet my band for practice.

"Yeah," said Brendon. "I really like her."

It was silent.

"You ok Ryan?" I heard Brendon ask.

"Yeah," Ryan said. I didn't even believe him. I heard a sigh. "I don't know. There's just something about her. She seems..I don't know, different."

"And that's a bad thing?" Brendon asked.

"No," Ryan said. "I don't know. Nevermind."

I didn't stay to listen to anymore. I rushed to where I was supposed to meet my band.

I didn't know that I seemed different to people. I thought I acted pretty normal. Well, I wouldn't call it acting. I was being myself as much as I could be.

-------------------------------------------

I left the studio we had been practicing in, and ran into Brendon. He smiled when he saw me and I returned it.

"Hey Ava," he said, wrapping an arm around my waist as I continued walking. "I couldn't help overhearing you and your band practice. You guys sound awesome."

"Thanks," I said smiling up at him. Brendon stopped us and leaned down to kiss me.

"You're so cute," he said when he pulled away. We started walking again. "So when are you guys gonna start recording?"

"I don't know," I said. "The producers want me to write a few more songs..Which is no big deal. I'm almost finished with a few songs."

"That's good," he said. I saw Ryan walking toward us and we stopped. "Well, I have to go and do some song writing myself."

"Ok," I said. Brendon let go of me. "Hey Ryan."

"Hey," he said. He forced a smile in my direction. That's right. Forced. What was his problem? "Ready Brendon?"

"Yeah," Brendon said. "See you later Ava."

"Yeah," I said, distracted. I turned and left. I needed to talk to Ryan. And soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter kinda sucks.
Comments?
~Sally