Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Friends

I woke up the next morning to someone knocking on my apartment door. I made my way to the door, half awake, and opened it.

"Can I talk to you?" It was Ryan. I yawned loudly.

"How do you know where I live?" I asked.

"I have my ways," Ryan said vaguely. I frowned, but allowed Ryan to come into my apartment. I watched Ryan glance around my apartment as I closed the door.

I trudged over to my couch and plopped down on it. Ryan followed, but stayed standing.

"What did you need to talk about?" I asked.

"I just wanted to apologize for yesterday," he said, looking down at his feet. "It just kinda happened, you know? I couldn't help it."

"Yes, you could of," I said.

"Well, yes and no," Ryan said. "I just had this urge to kiss you and I couldn't ignore it. I mean, I could have, but it would have been incredibly hard."

"I'd rather we didn't talk about this anymore, or ever again," I said.

"Fine," Ryan said. "But I'm still going to feel this way. I can't help how I feel."

"I understand that," I said. "But what is there to feel? You barely even know me."

"I know," he said. "But there's just something about you I can't resist."

"Well, resist it," I said.

"I just told you I can't," Ryan said. "And I'd like to change the fact that I barely know you."

"If you want to get to know me, it'll only be as a friend," I said.

"I can live with that?" Ryan said.

"Can you?" I asked.

"I'll try," Ryan said, smiling at me.

"You better," I said, smiling back. I yawned again. "Now leave so I can go back to bed. It's too early."

"Ok," said Ryan, heading towards my apartment door. "See you later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave some comments please!
~Sally