Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

I Don't Even Know You

A week later, I was fiddling with my microphone as we waited for a few producers for Decaydance records to come hear us. Brendon, who was also there, gave me a reassuring smile.

"Don't be so nervous," he said. "You're going to do great."

I just smiled at him. I hadn't seen his friend since my band's gig last week. I was anxious to meet him.

A few minutes later, two men walked in. They smiled at us and sat next to Brendon on the couch.

"Show us what you got," one of the men said immediately.

So much introductions. I looked behind me at the band and they nodded. I smiled before looking back to the front of the room. The music started behind me and then I started singing.

"Turn around there's those eyes again.
Turn around fake indifference and I.
Watch their cold, dark silhouettes disappear.
A hundred bodies fill this room.
And all their faces overdone.
Pain is foreign, foreign to us.

I don't even know you.
You won't even know I'm gone.
Was it something I did wrong?
Roses, roses cold.
Roses, roses sold out.

Turn around reds and whites again.
I'd sell my kicks for one more low tar.
Fevers hand in hand with shoelace bracelets.
Why are some girls so naive?
He didn't unbutton your blouse to see.
A better view of your heart.
Oh yeah, can't blame you for trying.

I don't even know you.
You won't even know I'm gone.
Was it something I did wrong?
Roses, roses cold.
Roses, roses sold out

Sing it soft.
Make it slow.
Apples parachute the boys back down.
Fill it up.
Overflow.
A new, improved modern way to feel.
I don't even know you.
You won't even know I'm gone.
Was it something I did wrong?"


When we were finished, the two un-introduced men clapped along with Brendon who was grinning.

"That was great," said one of the men, standing up. "You guys sound like you have real potential. I'd like to make a meeting to discuss your contract."

"We got the record deal?" I asked.

"Pretty much," the man said. Both men headed toward the door. "Stop and see our secretary on your way out to set up a meeting."

They left quickly, still without introducing themselves. I looked at Brendon.

"Do they not like people knowing there names?" I asked. Brendon shrugged.

"Probably just forgot," Brendon said. "They're usually pretty busy."

"Oh," I said. I could hear the rest of the band packing up. I didn't bother to help though. They knew I was only here for my main job, and we didn't get in each others way. The door to the room opened and my head turned sharply to see who it was. It was him. He looked at me nervously before looking at Brendon. Brendon looked at the guy.

"Hey Ryan," he said.

"Hey," Ryan said quietly. "What's up?"

"Not much," Brendon said. "Oh! Come here. You have to meet Ava."

"Ava?" Ryan asked, walking over. I raised my hand slightly.

"That would be me," I said, smiling at him.

Ryan smiled shyly.

"Ah," he said. "I'm Ryan."

"I know," I said, smiling at him.

"How did you--duh. Nevermind," he said. I saw a slight blush creep up his neck.

"Ava's in a band," Brendon said. "A band that is awesome and is going to be joining our label."

"That's cool," Ryan said.

"I know!" I said. "I'm so happy about it. I never thought this could happen."

"Never say never," said Brendon, laughing. Brendon looked at his watch. "Shit. I gotta go. Sorry to leave so quickly, Ava."

"That's fine," I said. "See you later."

"Bye," Brendon said, starting toward the door. Ryan didn't move. "You coming Ryan?"

"Oh," Ryan said. "Yeah, coming."

They both left. My eyes didn't leave Ryan's back. He was the key to finishing this job. Knowing he was so close know, left me aching to get it done with. But I was required to do this job carefully. There was no room for mistakes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song is 'Roses' by Meg & Dia.
Sorry this story is kinda dull at the moment. Hopefully it will start picking up soon-ish.
Anyways, I was kind enough to update twice in one night, so I think you all should be kind enough to comment. Please? *puppy dog eyes*
~Sally