Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Fine

I woke up suddenly. It was just starting to get light outside and I was laying on my couch.

I could have sworn that I had passed out on the floor.

Then I remembered what had happened. Someone had been knocking on my door. And then, just as I had passed out, they had opened the door and saw me.

Scared now, I looked around the room. There was someone laying down and sleeping on the other couch in my living room. I stood up quietly and tip-toed over to the other couch to see who was there. I leaned in close to get a good look at the person’s face. I stood up straight quickly when I saw who it was.

It was Ryan. I looked around. I felt like I needed to find something. Even though I didn’t have anything I needed to find.

I wasn’t sure if I should wake him up. I was a bit scared. I was scared that maybe he had seen too much. I’m sure he’d be wondering why I had passed out like that. But before I could even begin to worry, Ryan stirred, and I literally stopped breathing, my eyes focused on him. I hoped he’d just go back to sleep, but of course he didn’t. His eyes fluttered open and focused on my fearful ones. He sat up slowly.

“You’re awake,” he said, stating the obvious. I exhaled, releasing the air I had been holding in my lungs, and nodded. “Are you ok? You’ve been out for a while.”

“Yeah,” I said.

“Are you sure?” he asked. “You didn’t look so great when I came in.”

“I’m fine,” I said again. I felt hopeful that he hadn’t noticed anything different.

“Can I ask you something?” Ryan asked. I hesitated before answering.

“Yes,” I said finally.

“Well..I’m not sure how to say this,” he said. “But when I came into your apartment you looked kind of..different. I don’t know. It might have been because it was dark.”

“I don’t know if I looked any different,” I said, jumping for joy in my head because of the fact that he wasn’t even sure what he had seen. “It must have been because it was dark.”

“Yeah,” he said. “You’re probably right.”

I yawned loudly.

“You’re sure you’re ok?” Ryan asked, standing up.

“Yeah,” I said. “Absolutely fine.”

“Ok,” he said. “Then I think I’m going to head back to my apartment.”

“Ok,” I said. Ryan stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me, giving me a hug. I hesitated for a moment before returning the hug. Ryan loosened his grip and kissed me on the cheek. He let go of me.

“I’ll see you later,” Ryan said, smiling and heading towards my apartment door.

“Yeah,” I said, my hand going up to touch the spot that Ryan had kissed me. “See you later.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated :] Comments?
~Sally