Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Involved

Ryan left about an hour later, which was good because I didn't want to have to kick him out later and make up some excuse. I was hoping my father would come tonight.

As it got closer and closer to 12, I could feel my nervousness growing. I really needed to talk to him. I sighed with relief when I heard the familiar knock on my door at 12. I rushed to the door and opened it up. My father looked a bit surprised about how I had opened the door.

"Everything ok, Ava?" he asked when he was in my apartment.

"Actually, I need to ask you something," I said.

"Ask then," he said.

"I was wondering.." I started. "If there was any way to move Ryan Ross' date to a little bit later."

"Why?" he asked. "Having some trouble?"

"You could say that," I said. I wasn't looking at him, but I could tell he was watching me intently. I heard him sigh.

"I can't," he said. I nodded, because I knew that that was what he would say. "Once the date is set, there's nothing I can do about it."

"Ok," I said quietly.

"Well, I have to go," he said. He started towards the door but stopped when he had his hand on the door knob. He looked back at me. "Don't get involved with people Ava. It makes things complicated."

And then he was gone. I had a feeling he knew that I was already involved with Ryan, even though it just happened today.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short update :]
Comments?
~Sally