Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Like Everyone Else

"So," Brendon said when I walked into the studio. "I have great news."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, both of our bands are going to start recording soon," Brendon said. "And I've heard some talk that we might be touring together."

"Really?" I said. "That's so awesome."

"I know," Brendon said smiling at me. "I can't wait. I have a feeling it will be a lot of fun if it happens."

"I definately agree," I said. I really didn't. This being because a certain member of their band wouldn't be with them for much longer. I felt a sudden ache in my chest at this thought. I didn't change my happe expression though. I didn't want Brendon to worry or anything. "Well, I have to go and make a recording schedule. And send the music to my other band members so that they're ready."

"Ok," Brendon said. He hugged me before kissing me on the forehead. I headed to an elevator. "If you see Ryan tell him I need to talk to him. I'll be down here for a while."

"Ok," I said, pressing the up button.

When I got to the second floor, I saw Ryan nearby.

"What are you doing?" I asked when I stepped off of the elevator.

"Waiting for you," he said, smiling.

"Why?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I enjoy seeing you," he said. I smiled at him.

"Oh," I said. "Brendon needs to talk to you. He said he'd be on the first floor for a little while."

"Brendon can wait," Ryan said. He leaned down slightly and pressed his lips to mind softly. He pulled away and wrapped his arms around me before pulling me closer to kiss me again. I allowed this to continue, out in the open, until his hands started moving under my shirt and his tongue was in my mouth. I pulled away.

"We can't do this right here," I said.

"Then where do you suggest we do this?" Ryan asked, smiling.

"We're not doing this anywhere," I said. "Especially when Brendon happens to be right on the floor below us."

"Fine," Ryan said, letting his hands fall to his sides. "I guess I'll go see what Brendon wants. I'll see you later, ok?"

"Yeah," I said, smiling. I started down the hall as Ryan waited for the elevator. I ran my hands through my hair. I need to end things with Ryan. But I don't want to.

Why do things have to be so hard? Why can't I just be normal? Like everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. And that this is short and filler-ish.
Comments?
~Sally