Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Boss

George Ryan Ross III. Born August 30, 1986. Current member of the band Panic at the Disco...

I quickly scanned the file on my desk for the millionth time. I sighed before closing the file. I had to finish this job. I'd have to be a little quicker. It already took long enough to get this close to him. My boss liked to remind me that I was wasting time. But I tried to tell him that this stuff took time.

I sighed again when I looked at the clock. It was almost midnight and my boss was expected to be dropping in soon. My eyes stayed on the clock, watching the second hand move the time closer, and closer to midnight. The second the minute-hand moved over the 12, there was a knock on my apartment door.

"Come in," I said quietly, turning around to face the door. The door opened to reveal a tall, slightly balding man.

"Have you finished your job yet?" he asked.

"You know as well as I do the answer to the question," I replied.

"I know, Ava," he said. "Just felt like asking."

"You make very little sense sometimes, Dad," I said, smiling at him. My father smiled back at me. "So, you have the date yet?"

"Yeah," he said, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to me. I looked at it, reading the date.

"So that gives me 2 months," I said, looking up at my father.

"Just about," he said. I nodded my head.

"I'll have it done," I said.

"I know you will," he said. "You haven't failed me yet."

My father glanced at the clock on the wall behind me.

"Well, I have to go," he said. "I was lucky to even have these few minutes free."

"Yeah," I said. "See you later."

My dad smiled before dissappearing from in front of me.

You're probably wondering what's going on. Well, my family isn't human. Well, we're part human. My dad is Death. My mother is human. So I'm half of what my father is. The only difference is that my "powers" only work for 1 hour during the night. They only work from 12-1. So I'm not completely lethal. I help my dad out sometimes. Like the case I'm working on now. Ryan Ross is going to die in 2 months, and it's my job to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I hope that that's not dumb o.o
How about commenting please? I have 1 comment so far. I would like more..
~Sally