Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

In The Dark

I didn't go to the studio that day. I didn't care that my band was going to show up and wonder where I was. Or that Brendon would probably be worried. I didn't care about anything at the moment, because right now I was hurting. I didn't like that just ending things with Ryan hurt so much because that just meant when I had to kill him, that would hurt so much more.

I stayed on my couch, just sitting there and crying silently. I hadn't left the couch since Ryan left. I didn't turn on any lights as it grew dark. I didn't eat. I didn't answer my phone every time it rang, even though it rang constantly.

I don't know when, but I fell asleep at some point. I was awoken at some point by loud knocking on my apartment door. I didn't know what time it was, but my apartment was completely dark, and I couldn't see anything. I got up, switching on a lamp quickly, the sudden light stinging my eyes. I looked at the clock on my wall and saw that it was 12. The knocking continued. It had to be my father. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Brendon?" I said, surprised. Shit, shit, shit. "What are you doing here?"

"You weren't at the studio today," he said, reaching out to take my hand which I quickly moved out of his reach. He frowned. "I was worried."

"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't feel well today and I completely forgot to call."

"That's ok," he said. "Are you feeling better?"

"A little," I said. "I was actually just sleeping when you got here."

"Oh," he said. "Sorry for waking you."

"It's ok," I said. He reached out again, but this time to brush some of my hair out of my face. I stepped back just as his hand was about to make contact.

"Are you sure you're ok?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Why?"

"Because you won't let me touch you," he said.

"I just don't want you to get sick," I said. He studied my face for a moment before sighing. I knew he didn't believe me.

"Well, if you're really ok I'm going to go," he said.

"Ok," I said. "See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah," he said, smiling ever so slightly at me. "Bye."

"Good night," I said as he turned and walked away. I closed my apartment door and let out a sigh of relief. I had been so worried that Brendon might touch me. I went back to the couch and turned the lamp off, darkness taking over the room once again. I lay down, falling asleep quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally