Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Aftershock

I could hear someone's voice. But it was faint. In the distance.

"Ryan!"

Who was Ryan?

"Ryan, wake up!"

Where was I?

I tried to wake up. To open my eyes, but I couldn't. I felt so weak. I'd never felt like this before.

"I need an ambulance! My friend..something's wrong with him. He's not breathing."

Something was wrong. Someone was hurt. What had happened?

"Oh, God, Ryan."

I heard a sob, just as faint as the voice. Was someone crying? I strained my brain, trying to remember. What had happened?

"Ryan."

Ryan! I sat up instantly, finding some strength. I took in a deep gasp of air, my eyes flying open. I looked around wildly. Brendon was on his knees next to me, blocking what he was kneeling next to so that I couldn't see. But I did see the legs, stretched out across the floor. Brendon's head snapped around to look at me, and it shocked me to see him crying.

"Ava," he said, his voice hoarse. "What happened last night?"

I looked at the legs. I got on my knees quickly, and pushed Brendon to the side. I let out a sob, tears instantly wetting my face.

"Ava," Brendon repeated. "Tell me what happened."

I reached out my hand to touch Ryan's face. It was cold.

"Ava," Brendon said again. I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head. "What happened?"

"I--I don't know," I said, finally. "I can't remember."

I opened my eyes to look at Ryan's face. I leaned forward and pushed some of his hair out of his face. He looked so peaceful. I let out another sob. I knew what had happened though. I know it had been me that had done this. I didn't need to remember what happened to know that I did it.

I pulled my hands away from Ryan, and buried my face in my hands. I felt arms wrapping around me, and I allowed Brendon to hug me to him. I wrapped my hands around his neck, burying my face in his chest and crying. It was all I could do right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick update. I know no one wanted to wait too long for the next one ;]
Comments??
~Sally