Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Quick Assignment

It was getting closer to midnight. My father was expected at my apartment soon. I watched my clock, waiting for the minute hand to reach the 12. I jumped when there was a knock on my door before 12. I got up and went to the door quickly before slowly opening the door. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was my father.

"You really need to tell me if you're coming early," I said. "I thought you were Brendon."

"Brendon?" my father said, stepping into the appartment.

"A friend of mine," I said. "And a friend of Ryan Ross."

"That's good," he said. "But you really shouldn't get to involved with people. You know the risks."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not as risky to be around as you," I said.

"True," he said. "But you still need to be careful."

"I know," I said. "So why are you here early?"

"I have a quick assignment for you," my father said, pulling out a file and handing it to me. "This one should be easier than your current one."

I opened the file and scanned it quickly. I closed it.

"Ok," I said. "What time?"

"12:30," my father said. I looked at the clock.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Have fun."

My father disappeared.

I threw the file on the floor. It was now after 12. I could use my powers now. I concentrated for a moment before I felt myself grow stronger. Now, my 'powers' still worked when I didn't concentrate on them, but they worked better when I concentrated. Another thing, that doesn't happen to my father, is that my appearance changes when I concentrate on my powers. My hair and eyes become black and my skin becomes bone white. I literally look like Death's daughter.

Next, I concentrated on the address in the file my father had given me. I had a good memory. I felt myself disintergrating into tiny pieces. A moment later, I was whole, standing outside the house of the next unlucky person to die. I walked straight to the front door, opening it silent. I walked stealthily to the room of my victim. I could sense humans body heat, which made it easier to find people.

I found my victim in bed, his wife sleeping peacefully beside him. I leaned down and blew cold air on the face of my victim. He woke up and looked around. His eyes meeting mine.

"It's your time," I whispered. I saw his eye widen in fear as I reached out one of my now skeltal hand, touching one bony finger to the man's cheek. He froze. He would die of a heart attack. I stood up and left. My job was finished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler :P
Comments??
~Sally