Sequel: Torment

Killing Jar

Grilled Cheese

I reappeared in my apartment. I looked at the clock immediately. My 'powers' would only work for about 10 more minutes. I couldn't change back though. Once I was changed, I'd stay that way for the rest of the hour. I could only change on the day of someone's death that I had to cause. A side effect of my changing, is it drains a lot out of me. So when I change back, I usually pass out.

I looked at the clock. 5 more minutes. I sat on the floor so that when I did pass out, I wouldn't hit the floor too hard.

I watched the clock. When there was about 30 seconds left, I felt my 'powers' draining quickly along with my energy. I watched my skin change from it's skeletal color and shape to back to normal. I looked back up at the clock. It was 1 now. The room started to spin and I saw spots in front of me. Then everything went black.

---------------------------------------------------

"Ava!"

They were shouting, but it sounded like it was far away. I felt shaking. Was there an earthquake?

"Ava!"

The voice again. Closer now. Where was I?

"Ava, are you ok?"

I'm fine, I thought.

"Ava,"

I felt hands on my face.

I groaned.

"Brendon?" I said.

"I'm right here," I heard the familiar voice say. I felt myself lift my arm, bring my hand to my face, rubbing my eyes. I had a headache. I opened my eyes slowly and was met with the image of Brendon bent over me, looking sick with worry.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. I started to sit up. Brendon helped me into a sitting position slowly. The room spun. I closed my eyes.

"Are you sure?" Brendon asked. I felt his hand on my back. It was warm.

I opened my eyes again. No spinning.

"Yeah," I said.

"What happened?" Brendon asked.

"I don't know," I lied. "I just remember not feeling good. I think I just got a bit dizzy."

Brendon looked even more worried now.

"Maybe I should bring you to the hospital," Brendon said.

"No," I said. "That's not neccessary. I didn't eat very much yesterday, and I just got lightheaded."

"That could do it," Brendon said. "But maybe we still should go. What if you hit your head?"

"I'm pretty sure I didn't," I said. "My head doesn't hurt."

Brendon nodded.

"How about something to eat then?" he said. "I assume you're hungry still, unless you were somehow able to eat during the time you were passed out."

"Yeah, I'm hungry," I said, smiling at him.

"Then I'll make you something to eat," Brendon said, standing up. He held a hand out for me to help me up. I took it and Brendon pulled me up. He led me to my kitchen and sat me down in a chair at my small table. He let go of my hand. "So what do you want to eat?"

"Doesn't matter," I said. Brendon nodded his head and started searching through my cabinets and refridgerator to see what I had. "So how'd you get into my apartment?"

"The door was unlocked," he said.

"Oh," I said.

Brendon turned on my stove.

"What are you making me?" I asked.

"Grilled cheese," he said, looking over at me. "Is that all right?"

"Yeah," I said, smiling at him. "I like grilled cheese."

"Good," Brendon said. "Cause that's all I know how to cook."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want all of my readers to know that the lack of comments is really discouraging :/
So, comment please. :]
~Sally