Evening Rose

Reflections of a Mystery

Chapter 0: Reflections of a Mystery

Anna always knew something in the stories of death were right. The moment she closed her eyes, the white light appeared almost instantly, taking her to the place she never really wished to see. Well, not right now.

She felt Madison’s hand in hers, smiling sadly as they ascended into heaven, leaving their broken bodies behind them, watching as the Darcys rushed in, and the grief evident in their perfect white faces.

There was gate like all the books and movies had stated before but there was no St Peter. There was just this beautiful gate in front of this beautiful place that everyone who lived wished was real. Everything looked so beautiful.

In an instant, Madison was lead away by an angel who smiled at them both.

“Wait here. Someone will come for you.” The angel spoke as Anna began to walk after Madison.

Anna frowned but did what she was told. Nothing she had read or seen stated that there would be waiting time for heaven. But, then again, she supposed time didn’t really matter when you had died.

As she though to sit, a plush cream couch appeared to catch her, the act catching her off guard. Ok. Someone somewhere had said something like this but she had never expected that to be true. Cool.

“Anna? What are you doing here?”

Anna turned around sharply to face the one person she never thought she would be able to see.