It's Always Darkest

The End Is The Beginning

“You like to make bad choices, don’t you Lizzie?” The Joker screamed, punching me across the face with the intent of scraping it off.

I had been unconscious until this point. I swear I had my eyes open, but I couldn’t see a thing. I heard a swift rustle in front of me, then his boot crushed itself into my ribs, and the force of it threw me on my side. I hadn’t realized I was standing. Blood rushed into my mouth, filling it in seconds. I coughed it up and let my head fall into the thick ooze.

One gloved hand ripped me from my chilling puddle. I felt like I was dangling upside down, my head was spinning so fast.

“Open your eyes.” He stated, impassive.

I did. I saw my world, Gotham City, sprawled out in front of me. There were two ships in the bay, and the city was alive with light and sound.

The Joker had a hold on my shoulders, thirty stories up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like I got raped. I joined the writers club at my school and I told a few of my friends about it. They all wanted to read my work, so I brought this one in. I let them read it with the understanding that they don't let anyone who I don't know read it. So low and fucking behold, I come to school the next day and that exactly what this one little bitch did.

It's all my fucking fault I feel this way too. If I hadn't trusted her I wouldn't be considering deleting my whole account. Maybe I just need to suck it up. I don't fucking know. I quit the club and took my submission out of the literary magazine. It's not like anyone said anything bad about my writing, in fact, everyone loved it, but thats not the point. This shit is personal, and I had my trust completely shattered. I feel like someone got up there and screamed my whole pathetic life to everyone. I feel like a freak at a circus. And I really don't feel like writing anymore.

As you can see, I'm weird about trust.

If I continue this, from this chapter on it will no longer follow the plot of The Dark Knight.