Status: Hiatus / Possibly discontinued

Scattered

____Despite all that has happened, I still love Billie. Some would say I was hanging on to a hopeless case and that I would never receive anything in return for remaining so devoted to him, but Chase's words still rang through my ears, "Just remember one thing: Billie will always love you, even if he doesn't remember. And there's nothing wrong with still loving him." He was right, after all.
_______________________________________________— Chapter One, Scattered

Open the past and present
Now and we are there
Story to tell and I am listening
Open the past and present
And the future too
It's all I've got and I'm giving it up to you

— "Scattered" by Green Day

It's been three years since Spencer Monroe left Rodeo, California for Miami, Florida. She has a new life, even a new name, but sometimes change isn't a remedy for wounds that haven't closed. And as always, the past is bound to catch up with her. However, Spencer believes that in order to be happy, she has to learn to let go. But what if her heart won't let her?

Image

5/20/12 - I'm not sure if this story is going to be continued. It's not that I've lost interest because I think about this story all the time and ideas for it keep coming, but I just don't have it in me to write anymore. I tried taking a writing course last semester to see if I could get my motivation back or if I could learn some exercises that would help me, but it only ended up being a nuisance. I won't outright say that I'm done writing this because I don't know if I am or not, but if I do continue to post chapters, the updates won't be constant. You'll get a chapter every few months or so unless a streak of motivation hits me and I get a few out within a week or two, but that's it.

I think maybe my hopes were too high for this story. It's my first one and it's my baby so it's always come before every other project I've done. I planned for it to be a trilogy and everything but I just don't see me finishing it. If I ever come to the conclusion that I'm officially incapable of writing this to the finish, then I promise to give you guys an epilogue or something that'll give it the proper ending it deserves. I know a lot of you like this story and wanted to see what would become of Billie and Spencer and if I do decide to end it here, then maybe I'll just come out and tell you guys what was going to happen. I don't know. But for now, thanks for being such wonderful readers of this story. I've had an amazing time working on this series for the past four years - wow - and I hope you've all enjoyed the ride! Much love.


Image

All rights reserved 2008 - present © asphyxiate./Marie
I am in no personal relation to any of the real life individuals portrayed in this story. I'm just a fan. I do not allow others to use any of my characters or story lines, so please refrain from asking. I don't do well with plagiarism, and neither does the law. So please continue to be a fine upstanding citizen and don't steal.