Victim or Offender?

The Other Side of the Story

I arrived at the scene when Arthur Summers died. Jeanine Summers was sitting on him, strangling him. Once Arthur's soul came up, before he could ask any questions, I snapped my fingers and his sould disappeared. Then Jeanine snapped her head up and looked at me. No, through me. She couldn't see me.

She was looking at her daughter at the top of the steps. She got up and advanced, moving to kill her own daughter. I was about to leave, for this was none of my business but I saw that Autumn was not moving. Or screaming. She just sat there, staring as her mother was coming to kill her. She picked her up and threw her down the stairs.

I can't intervine. I can't intervine. I mentally argued with myself. My feelings won over my instincts. I have to intervine!

Just as Jeanine was about to plunge the knife into Autumn, I crossed from the astral plane to the 'real' world and pushed it over. Instead of hitting a vital organ, it sank into her hip. She passed out. I'd saved her. I wasn't supposed to do that...

Jeanine stared at me as though she was seeing a ghost. Well, she was, but that's not the point. She could see me.

I could have gotten out of there, but I was held by the intensity of her stare. I had never seen such anger, confusion, and fear in a single pair of eyes. I wan't terrified, just...

I couldn't finish the thought, for I couldn't see her face. I was home, staring my 'father' in the face. He was upset. "Ky... You know the rules! This is the third time you've let humans see you! The Great One is questioning my judgement on whether you are ready or not. It wants to see you," he said.

"Yes sir," I said, hanging my head. "But..."

"No, Ky. Now." And he was gone. Or rather, I was.

I was standing in a dark room, in the middle of a circle of candles.

"KYLE!" a loud voice sounded.

"Sir."

"Why? This is worse than the other two times. You saved a life!"

"Sir, I can explain..."

"Give him a chance. I see great things in his future. Give him time." This was a softer voice. The voice of the Choice-Maker.

The Great-One growled. "Fine. But consequences will be in affect. You will take the girl. Even if you must intervine when she is close. Her number is still up." The room went pitch black, signifying that The Great-One had left. The room was silent for a while. But I was thinking.

"Choice-Maker, what will become of me? In the future you see? I mess everything up..." I asked, looking towards where it'her throne was.

"I don not know, Kyle. I only see a great choice in your future. One that could doom us all." In a second, the Choice-Maker was in front of me in her female form. Her face was soft, understanding. Her long hair was jet-black and hung to her ankles. "Go now. Go watch over your charge. And please, try not to anger the Great-One again today."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I've been meaning to update this, but I never really had the time.

Comments please!!