Victim or Offender?

Damn Hell-Hound!

"Well? How much progress are you making with the girl?" the Great-One demanded. As if he didn't already know!

"She's going to recover, but her memories of the night haunt her. She--" I started dryly.

"May commit suicide," the Choice-Maker said, making it's presence known. As just a shadow, it drifted over to it's throne, where it changed into it's favorite form. Human. Female. "With these memories haunting her, she may commit suicide. Humans give in to their emotions too easily. Fear and Sadness may overcome her Common Sense and--"

"Okay, we get it!" I shouted. The room went quiet. The Great-One changed into its male human form and blinked up to me.

"You're getting attached. This is bad Kyle, you know this! I may have to re-assign you... it'd be better for you..."

"No. I can do this. It's just... she's different than other humans. She's more... more like than she belongs with us. Watch her. You'll see what I mean." Silence followed my statement.

"Leave us," the Great-One finally said. "We will think on it and contact Jeromy when we have an answer."

I blinked away, grateful to be out of there. I now stood in my 'house'. Jeromy was there, meditating on our dining room table. I went quickly to my room and shut the door. My room was pretty simple. Bed in the corner, nightstand next to it with a lamp on top of it. But a whole wall was dedicated to my books. The wall was replaced with a bookcase holding hundreds of books. Only my favorites The rest of my books were in our library at the end of the hall. I sighed and walked over to my bed, laying down. I realized then how tired I really was.

The room was dark. As I stepped carefully towards the center, I saw that none of the candles were lit. This was unusual, and I was getting to the point of blinking away, when all of the candles lit at the same time. I turned quickly to look at the thrones. I knew there was someone else here. I looked at the thrones, trying to see the shadow-figures of the Council, but there was nothing there.

"Kyle? Where am I?" Autumn. She was here.

"Autumn," I said, turning to look at her. "You have to get out of here! Now! Go!" I went to her and pushed her towards the door rarely anyone used. She ran to the door, but not through, as something was blocking her way. She backed towards me, stepping carefully over the candles. She came to my side and stood there, terrified. We were both still staring at the door, Autumn in terror, me in confusion. Hell-hounds weren't allowed in here... Especially wild ones. And this one was wild.

It growled menacingly as it stepped into the room. It kept coming until it reached the circle of candles, then it stopped, waiting.

Then it lunged. Not at me, at Autumn. She stood there, frozen with fear. I couldn't move. Something was willing me not to interfere again. The Hell-hound crashed into her and pinned her to the ground. It's jaws closed around her throat. Her soul appeared next to me.

"Take her Ky," Jeromy pleaded. His voice came from all around us.

"No."

"Fine. We will," the Great-One said.

And Autumn was gone.


I awoke calmly, knowing that it was just a dream. Jeromy sat on the edge of my bed with his eyes closed.

"It was just a dream. Jeromy."

"No, it wasn't. I can feel it. Your emotions are clouding your judgement. We may have to re-assign you," the Choice-Maker said, appearing at my door.

"No," I asid more firmly. "I can do this. I'll be able to take her when the time comes. Just let me do what I have to do."

They looked at me, and I could see the doubt in their eyes. I couldn't stand this anymore. I blinked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short...

Comments are greatly appreciated!

-Kaitlyn