When the Willow Tree Blows

Cathy and Steven

On the plane I sat silently listening to "Ordinary Day" by Vanessa Carlton. i hummed along, and played with my i-touch. It was mad fun, the game had something to do with killing penguins, but whatever I enjoyed it.
I looked around the plane in first class and saw two old men, probably gay or businessmen. I saw a drunk woman and her drunk husband. The rest seemed
"semi-normal''. I stared out the window, this was my first time without my Mum that I was on a plane. HOLY SHIT that's a shark! Cooolness. I've been on the plane for a while, but we're getting ready to land.
Yay! My favorite song is on. "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" but Death Cab for Cutie. I couldn't help it, I started to sing. "Love of mine, someday you will die. But I'll be close behind, waiting for-"Someone tapped me on the shoulder; it was the flight attendant. "Sweetie everyone would like me to tell you, you have a beautiful voice. I turned fully around and saw half the plane looking at me. I blushed and quietly thanked her.
I pulled my ear buds out and put them in my pocket. Then i waited...five minutes later the plane landed. I grabbed my black chained purse, and walked off.
Apparently Cathy and Steven looked very young, I was told Cathy was Russian. Tall and beautiful, she had short spiky blond hair and blue eyes. Steven was Italian, with 5 o'clock shadow, and dark brown hair, with green eyes. I stood in the luggage area waiting for them to arrive.

"Hello". Someone said behind me and touched my shoulder. I jumped, grabbed their hand and twisted their arm. "Uhm ow...ow. Sorry I am Steve". My brain functioned this information, and I let go.

"I am so sorry...I'm very nervous in crowds", I sighed, it totally had nothing to do with the fact that my Mum had left me alone in the mall once or twice. Well maybe a little more than that to go to a pub..but whatever.

He smiled, "It's fine, lets go to the car now". He grabbed my suitcase for me and led me out into bright New York Long Island. It was pretty.

"The car is right there waiting for us". He smiled and walked me over to the limousine. Steve opened the trunk and threw my suitcase in. He winked and opened the door for me.
I ducked my head and sat down schooching over for Steve. I looked up and saw her, and wow was she beautiful. Cathy was even prettier than I imagined she would be. Her hair was like they said but instead of what I thought, it looked cool.

She smiled at me. "Hello Daisy, I am Cathy. It is wonderful to meet. you, How are Roger and Eliza doing"?

I stared at her quite dazed. Then realized that's what my grandparents names were. "Oh they are just lovely. They told me to tell you hello". I smiled nervously.

"Oh wonderful. so tell me about yourself. I mean we have a long ride". She smirked then pulled out a cigarette. "Oh dear...does smoking bother you. If not do you have a light"?

"Hell no. And yea I do". I rummaged through my bag, Ciggarettes...no....under that there it is. I puled out my black zippo, then lit in on my pants for her.

"Thanks Hun". She puffed a circle of smoke into the air. "So does Roger and Eliza know you smoke"? She cocked an eyebrow.

I stared, I didn't know if I should tell her or not. At this point I honestly didn't care. "Yea I do...but please don't tell them. They think I am a perfect child, nothing wrong...no problems. The perfect preppy bitch". I frowned, then gasped. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to curse... I mean I haven't in so long....I am so sorr-".

Steve pushed my shoulder, and Cathy grinned. "Hun we curse like mother fucking drunk sailors. It's totally cool".

The car ride seemed to pass by quicker. I felt like these people I could really relate with. W talked the whole time. They told me about when they were teens how they were outcasts, and how Cathy is now a writer and teacher. And how Steven is a big time script writer. They were a-m-a-z-i-n-g. We pulled up to a mansion, and they smiled.

"Well this is our place, woot! Now you get to meet Alex and Ree".Steven said, he made a fist, and pumped it into the air. I laughed out loud, the got out the car.

Cathy pulled me over to the side. "Hun I can tell, you didn't wear your makeup the way you wanted to. You kept looking in the mirror and frowning. We are cool with gothy makeup or whatever you want". I smiled and pulled my eyeliner out of my bag. I did my makeup thick and black and made an Egyptian tail at the end of it.

"Cool, now I'm ready to meet them". I swallowed...this was going to be an experience. I'm not what you call a social butterfly. Well who gives a fuck! I got nothing to lose. I bit my lip, and walked to the door. Cathy opened the door, and I saw Alex and Ree standing there.

All I could do was gape.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lotsa things have been going on at my house, so I haven't been able to update. Tell me what you think!