Yet Another Jonas

Chapter 17

-Shelby’s POV-

When I woke up later that morning, I found myself lying in Joe’s bed once again. I turned over onto my back, and felt someone lying next to me. I jump out of bed and see who it is. It’s Nick. His eyes are shut and his mouth is in a thin line. When I jumped out of the bed, though, his eyes flashed open and he sat up.

“What happened?” He had asked me oh-so-suddenly.

“What are you doing?” I asked quietly, and folded my arms across my chest.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled, and threw his legs over the side of the bed. He stood up and began to walk towards me. “I accidentally fell asleep.”

I nod and begin to walk out of the room, feeling uncomfortable.

“Where are you going?’ He called from the room.

I stop and turn around, “I’m hungry.”

I walk downstairs and he is following close behind me. Joe is fast asleep on the couch and Mr. and Mrs. Jonas are in the kitchen. Mrs. Jonas is hard at work on cooking breakfast and Mr. Jonas is reading the periodicals. They looked completely normal and nothing like what teenage girls picture rock star parents as.

“Good morning,” Mrs. Jonas greets me eagerly. “Feeling better?”

“Depends on how you define better,” I smile. “But thank you.”

I walk slowly over to the counter and sit down next to Mr. Jonas. Nick sits down next to me.

“Nick,” I whisper. “You’re making me feel uncomfortable.”

“Sorry,” He mumbles, and moves to the next chair down.

I can’t help but feel butterflies erupting in my stomach. He’s so… cute. He cares… about me… in my time of need. He doesn’t care what just happened to me because… he’s a good person! I smile and he looks at me.

“What?” he asks, and a small smile appears on his face as well.

“Nothing,” I blush and force my head to face my hands. I twiddle my thumbs and smile wider.

Joe walks in the room loudly and yells, “Good morning everybody!”

I laugh and he looks at me.

“How are you feeling?” He asks.

“Fine,” I smile, and look in his direction. “Thank you for allowing me to sleep in your bed.”

“No problem,” He looks at my red face, and then at Nick’s glowing, beautiful face.

“Did I miss something?” He asked, puzzled.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Nick says nervously.

“I’m confused,” I blurt out.

“Me too,” Everyone else in the kitchen says.

Allie and Nia walk into the room. She and Joe lock eyes for the slightest moment, and blush.

“Ohhh,” Nick coos. “Joe; Nia… did we miss something?”

Joe looks mockingly at Nick, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

I smile.

-Allie’s POV-

Kevin walks into the kitchen behind me. Nick and Shelby are happily in an awkward conversation, and honestly Nick is the one making it awkward. He scoots one chair closer to her. Joe and Nia are fighting over who gets the first cup of coffee. Typical Joe…

“Looks like we’re the only sane ones left, Kevers.” I say to Kevin.

“Kevers?” He asks.

“I honestly do not know why I just said that either, but it sounds cool.” I smile, and he hugs me.

“Good morning to you too little sister.” He laughs.

Everyone was happy- just like it should be. For now, at least.

-Shelby’s POV-

Nick and I are in the middle of an awkward conversation, and honestly, he’s making it awkward. I like it though.

All of a sudden, the doorbell rings.

“May I get it?” I ask Mrs. Jonas, and she nods.

I walk to the door and open it. A man and a woman are standing there, the woman holding a bouquet of roses.

“Hello,” The woman says.

It’s Matt’s parents…
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffy!!! I will be writing the next chap. And I'm waiting to hear from NickysGirl, who by the way, wrote this chapter! Comment and subscribe please!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!