Summer and Forever

Kevin really isn't that stupid...

. “That band-aid wasn’t there before.” He said in a low dangerous voice.

“I fell.” I repeated.

“Don’t lie. Who hit you?” I looked down but he grabbed my chin between his thumb and fore finger. Gently angling my face up, he looked into my eyes. “Who hit you Sarai?”

“I don’t want you to get mad or anything. It’s fine. I’ll handle it.”

“Who?” I tried to pull my chin out of his grasp but he held me firmly and his gaze locked with mine. “Who?” He repeated.

“Ingrid.” I mumbled, ashamed. He let my face go and I buried it into his chest, waiting for some kind of berating.

“She’s in so much trouble” He growled. Kevin, serious Kevin, was growling. I almost giggled.

“You’re making me miss my extra portion of roast lamb.” I pretended to complain; anything to lighten the mood. He was mumbling curses, a rare thing I knew, and literally shaking from anger. I pulled away from him to look up at him. “It’s alright Kevin. I’m-”

“Don’t say fine.”

I bit my lower lip. “Are you mad at me?”

He looked surprised. “Why would I be mad at you?”

“I’m not exactly trying to get along with her and I’m just causing trouble.” I began.

He shook his head. “Of all the things to be worried about, you’re worried that I’m mad.” I shrugged. “I’m not mad at you. I promise. I’m extremely pissed at Ingrid though.”

I gave him a half smile and took his hand. “Well she can go to hell. Can I finish my roast lamb now?” He chuckled. “You’re what, 5’5? Where do you put it all?”

“In here.” I flexed my arm muscles. “Bones.” He pretended to observe as he inspected them. I laughed. We walked back in for dinner.

*******

Nick had eaten my roast lamb. I was so annoyed at him and yet, not annoyed. He gave me puppy dog eyes and pretended to cry.

“I’m sorry Sarai. I didn’t know it was yours.”

“You saw me leave it!” I wailed at him.

He chuckled. “Maybe.” I plopped down into my seat.

“You are so getting me dessert.”

Nick grinned and belched. “Gross Nick.” Kevin pretended to be disgusted. His arm was protectively around my waist and it felt nice. I didn’t want this to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter i know but seriously, running dry with this story..