Summer and Forever

I can't believe she's mine

Kevin’s P.O.V[b/]

I had been awake for an hour or two now, just watching the small girl sleep in my arms. Her face was peaceful in sleep and I liked it. When she was awake she often looked like someone was trying to hurt her even when she was with me.

At first it had made me feel awkward and uncomfortable but slowly the look died when she was with me until it just was pure happiness. The light in her eyes and face was captivating when she talked to me. I couldn’t believe she was mine.

I reached a hand up and lightly ran a hand through her hair with the white streaks streaming through my finger tips. She frowned at the touch and I knew she was waking up. Her eyelids fluttered open and I had to restrain myself from kissing her right then and there. I didn’t want the girl to get an assault just as she was waking.

“Kev?”

“Yeah?” I answered gently. “Do we have to get up yet?” She yawned. I truly didn’t want to move but I knew we had to. We were in a camp and I was a bloody counselor. Inwardly I cursed that fact but I was more relaxed then I’d been in a week. All week I’d been steeling myself for the break up part. I knew we had to end it before the camp was out but that was before she agreed to come and live with us!

She was coming with me! She truly liked me back! I tried to control the skip in my heart beat when I thought about her agreeing to come back home with me last night.

“I think they’d notice our disappearance if we didn’t get up.” I said sighing. She chuckled.

“Well they wouldn’t miss me. Certainly not Ingrid anyway.” Her voice darkened when she thought of Ingrid. I scowled as I remembered when Sarai had come to dinner with a band aid on her face. She’d taken it off in the second week and I saw the deep scratch under her eye. It was just a scratch now. It would heal. I lightly traced the scratch with my thumb.

“I could give her extra duties, you know. I am a counselor.” Her gentle laugh was music to my ears. “Let’s make her clean the toilets with her toothbrush!” She exclaimed excitedly. I became slightly worried that she’d actually expect me to be cruel to Ingrid but then she looked up at me and shook her head.

“Nah, she’d probably go to the tabloids and your reputation would be ruined forever.” She grinned and gave me a wide smile then rolled away from me to get up. Her arm slid across my stomach as she retracted it and the feeling of her arm sliding across my skin through the thin cotton tank shirt caused shivers in my spine. I controlled it quickly and got up so she didn’t feel it.

When she left the room to go and get some clothes I began to consider all the consequences of her coming to live with us. Certainly, we’d had girls live with us before but they had been on good terms with their parents…mostly.

Would her parents care about where she was? I decided to make her call them and explain the situation before she left with us. I didn’t want a man hunt arriving on my doorstep. I didn’t want to be accused of kidnap.

I lazily pulled on some jeans and another shirt, rubbing my face wearily. Vaguely I wondered what Joe and Melina had done last night. I hoped Joe hadn’t broken his vow. I didn’t think he would but you never knew…
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. Its really cute :D comments will deff be appreciated. cheers