Summer and Forever

The Lake

I came to the group activity late. The others were already organized into their groups. The counselor Hilary frowned when she saw me walking slowly up the path with my hands in my pockets.

“Hey there camper! Group activity started five minutes ago!”

“Then I haven’t missed anything important, have I?” I replied easily. She frowned and waved me into a group.

I noticed that the bitch was in that group. We both groaned in unison when we saw each other.

“Why do I have to have the skunk in my group?” She complained loudly.

“Ingrid!” Hilary protested. “We do not be nasty at this camp! This is all about getting along and having fun.”

“How can I have fun when a girl is trying to represent the stinkiest creature in the entire planet?” Ingrid whispered to the girls next to her. They giggled nervously.

Ingrid looked up at Hilary. “I’m sorry counselor. I am just so tired from the long trip up here that I’m really cranky. I resolve to be nice and get along what everyone from now on.”

Hilary smiled at her and I made puking signals with my finger. Melina, who was also in my group, giggled.

“Your first activity, blue group, is to get all the members of your group onto that platform that hangs above the river. If any girl falls off you will all start again. You only have three minutes to get everyone on board. Kevin will be supervising this activity so behave and work together.”

Hilary left us, the blue group, standing at the edge of the clear lake staring in disbelief. The girls all started stripping down to their bathers underneath their clothing.

I thanked whoever I had to thank that I had remembered to put mine on as well. I chucked my clothes in the bushes away from the other pile so they wouldn’t get lost and joined the group reluctantly.

I saw Kevin sitting on a lifeguard chair and watching us intently. Ingrid waved to him and he smiled and waved back. I rolled my eyes and tied my hair up. “Don’t mess up skunk girl.” Ingrid hissed menacingly. I ignored her.

******

Most of us were on the platform. It was squishy and everyone kept giggling. Ingrid and I were standing side by side on the very edge of the platform, balancing as best as we could without touching each other.

Girl’s bodies were pressed against each other which made it hard to balance, especially when they moved. I wobbled a bit and my arm bumped Ingrid’s slightly but not enough to knock her off.

“Watch it Skunk!” She growled at me. Her elbow shot out at me and caught my ribs. I buckled and her perfectly manicured hand caught my face as she flung out at me to get me away from her.

I slipped and my feet shot out from under me. My head struck the side of the platform hard and I crashed into the water
♠ ♠ ♠
Like she's gonna die, second chapter in...*rolls eyes* but still. Comments are appreciated, as long as the criticsm is CONSTRUCTIVE