Summer and Forever

The Ungrateful Bastard

"WHAT THE HELL?" I yelled in shock. Kevin looked as equally shocked as I did. From the way he was standing, i could see that he'd just come out with some stuff we'd forgotten to pack and Ingrid had pulled this last desperate move.

I stalked over to Ingrid and almost decked her right there and then but i restrained myself, barely. She turned and cast me a disdainful glare.

"Get out Sarai. This is my goodbye present for my Kevvy baby." I stared at her and then at Kevin. Please...let him say something that will stop her now? Let him back me up? Tell me he's not going to LET her undress in front of him?

"Ingrid?" His voice was soft and contained a slightly angry undertone. It was almost scary, but it wasn't directed at me so I didn't care. "Put your top back on. I don't want you doing this and you are hurting my girlfriend. Apologize to her and leave now please."

There was a deafening silence in the cabin. The shock radiated in the air. A flush crawled slowly up Ingrid's cheeks. "You...YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD!" She screamed at him. She flung her top back on her shoulders, buttoned up and stormed out after giving us both the finger.

It was slightly awkward between us in that room. "Uh...I didn't...I mean..." He was nervous and shifting on his feet so i walked forwards and took the stuff off his hand.

I looked up at him and smiled. "I know." I said simply. He gave me a crooked grin and followed me out of the house where Joe and Nick were staring at us in disbelief.

"What?" I asked as we approached.

"Ingrid comes out with half her top undone and you two come out grinning? What the hell happened in there?"

"I'll explain on the ride home." Kevin said tiredly.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go :) Two chapters just for you, my readers.