Summer and Forever

Arriving at the Jonas house

The plane had landed ages ago and we were all safely on the ground. Kevin and I had walked out of the airport seperately to avoid media harrassment. I hoped he wasn't embarrassed of me or anything but i didn't say anything. He had more experience with the media then I did.

Joe made jokes for the entire ride back to their house, most of the lewd and crude. Kevin gave him the stink eye but i didn't mind. Jordan used to tell them all the time before...

Their house was huge. I couldn't stop staring at it until Kevin chuckled and grabbed my hand.

"How many people can you FIT in this place?" I asked in wonder.

"I've got seven secret girlfriends in here." He grinned at me and I kicked him.

"I hope not."

The Jonas parents weren't home at the moment which was good for me. I wasn't sure if i wanted to meet the parents just yet. Everything was just too awkward.

Joe and Nick brought in the bags while Kevin showed me the room I could use. The room was average sized, which suited me, and it wasn't too far from Kevin's room either which also suited me.

"I'll give you a few minutes to settle in and then we can all go and chillax by the pool." Kev suggested lazily. I could tell he was really tired from his drooping shoulders and thick voice.

"I think i'm just gonna go to bed actually. I know i slept on the plane but..."

"No problem." He yawned and then laughed. "I guess i better go to bed as well eh?"

I grinned and nodded. He kissed my temple and left the room, leaving me to look after myself. I flopped onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. Only a few weeks ago i was single and unhappy and dreading returning home. Now i never had to go back home, had a wonderful boy that i might be falling in love with and constantly suffered periods of complete happiness. I was still a little unsure about living with the Jonases but there wasn't much else i could do besides go home.

Home.

That thought prompted me to call my parents and let them know i'd arrived safely and hadn't changed my mind. I wasn't sure why I felt the need to call them but i was a weird person. No doubt about it.

I wandered down to where i knew the kitchen was and saw Nick eating a sandwich. His mouth was full and he was making a mess. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Hey Nick?" He turned to face me with his mouth still full. "Where's the phone?"

After attempting to tell me and finding his mouth was too full to be understood, he nodded in the phone's direction. I found it and dialled my parents number. It rang once, twice and someone picked up.

"Hello?" It was a deep voice that i didn't recognize at all.

"Hi...who is this?"

"Um...I'm Greg. Who's calling please?"

"Sarai."

"Oh, you're Jillian's daughter?"

Jillian? Who was this man and why was he calling my mother by her first name?

"Yeah, can i speak to her please?"

"Gimme a sec..." There was a shuffling sound and then i heard 'Greg' yell, "HEY SWEET CHEEKS! YOUR KID'S ON THE LINE."

Sweet cheeks? WHAT?

I heard my mother stomping across what sounded like the kitchen floor in her heels and then there was more crackling and shuffling before she breathed a "Hello?" into the phone.

"Hey mum."

"Oh, its you."

"Yeah...who's Greg?"

"My new man. He's much better then your father...in every way." I stood stock still for a second or two. I really hadn't wanted to know that. I'd have preferred it if she'd lied.

"Ok...I just wanted to let you know that i arrived safely and all."

"Why should i care?" I sighed and turned to see that Nick had heard that. He had come over to grab more food and my mother's loud voice had carried from the handset. He froze, looking at me. I waved my hand at him signalling that it was ok, and turned away from him.

"Can I speak to dad please?"

"He's not here. Apparently he can't stand the sight of me with my new man. Can't take the fact that i've moved on. I'm actually happy for you dear. Make sure you get every penny you can from your new boyfriend."

"MUM!" I protested.

"I'm just saying, in the end you'll want to. Just don't get knocked up by him. He'll want rights to the kid and for all i care he can have the little shit. Don't give me grandchildren." My mother was drunk off her ass. I could practically smell the alcohol from here.

"Alright, i won't bother you again then." She just hung up on me and left me with a dial tone in my ear.

I turned to see that Nick hadn't moved one inch and had heard everything.

"Sorry about that. I'm...I'm not going out with your brother because of the money or anything. My mother is-"

"Its alright." He interrupted my nervous rambling. "I was a little...surprised thats all. I know you actually like my brother." I smiled and replaced the phone gently.

"Well i think i'm going to bed." Nick nodded and went back to the fridge. I headed upstairs to tbe bedroom but just before i reached the hallway i turned back.

"Hey Nick?"

"Yeah?" He looked at me inquisitively.

"Don't...don't tell Kevin about the phone call okay?" Nick was silent for a second or two before nodding.

"Alright."

I gave him a thankful smile and went upstairs to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go my lovelies :D Comments are ALWAYS appreciated