Summer and Forever

Shows, spotlights and hospitals

Tomorrow, Kevin was doing a show and I couldn't come. Why couldn't I come? Because their mother wanted to go as well and I offered to babysit Frankie.

Kevin was still sulking on the bed when I walked in.

"Oh come on." I laughed. "You'll be great."

"Thanks but I wanted to introduce you to the crowd."

"Well now i'm never going to come." I grinned at him.

He sighed and lay back on the bed. I sat by his head and pulled his curls gently.

"I'll babysit Frankie and i'll get to hear more stories about what a mean big brother you are."

"I'm always nice to him!"

"HA! Just yesterday he told me about the time you ate the chocolate ice cream from his bowl when he left to go to the toilet!"

Kevin groaned and put his hands over his face. "He's never going to forgive me for that."

"Never ever." I agreed. He pulled his hands away from his face and looked at me.

"Hey, we haven't really spent any time where its just the two of us."

"Mmm, that's alright. This has been relaxation time. There'll be time after the show." I smiled and hid just how much I had been thinking that. I hated that i couldn't spend time with him by the lake anymore. Someone always walked in just when we wanted privacy.

In two weeks the closest we' gotten was a quick peck on the lips and it was seriously driving me balmy.

Kevin must have noticed something on my face at his last remark because his hands came up to my shoulders and pulled me down to meet his lips. It was a spiderman kiss.

His fingers lightly traced the outline of my jaw and down my neck. My hands moved from his curls to his chin and I moved over him a bit more so I could kiss him harder.

"YO KEVIN WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" Joe burst into the room and we broke apart. I fought back the serious anger I felt at Joe for the interruption.

"Sorry guys." He said sheepishly. Then he turned to Kevin. "Dude we're really gonna be late."

Kevin sighed and nodded. "Alright." He muttered. I could tell he was just as annoyed as I was. Kevin got up and grabbed his jacket and hat. I smiled when he came over to me and kissed me one last time before he left.

"We'll continue this later. We WILL get alone time." He promised me.

I winked at him. "Go and have a good show. I'll hold you to that promise." He grinned and kissed me one more time quickly before heading out the door.

I trailed slowly behind him, fighting the depression I felt that I wouldn't see him for a night.

Frankie tackled my stomach and we waved the boys and their mother goodbye before going back into the house.

****

"So Frank the tank. What on earth are we going to do with you."

He giggled.

"We could always cook you into a nice juicy roast." I laughed evilly and grabbed the little boy, hoisting him over my shoulder.

"No!" He squealed in delight.

We settled down onto the couch and I turned the TV on. "Can we watch a movie Sari?" He pleaded.

"You have to go to bed in half an hour." I raised an eyebrow.

"Mum won't know..." He said cheekily.

"Oh you're so evil."

"Pleeeeeeeease?" He begged. I watched him distrusfully for a few seconds before sighing.

"Alright, alright."

"YAY!" He squealed. He ran over to his disney collection. He seriously had the largest disney collection I had ever seen. "What do you want to watch?"

"Does it matter? We both know you're just going to watch whatever you want anyway." I laughed.

Frankie giggled again and pulled out a movie. "Not Aladdin!" I groaned. We had watched that so many times I was ready to strangle someone.

"Yes!" He said stubbornly. He put it in and gave me an innocent look. "Is there any ice cream?"

I laughed. "Yeah give me a second."

When I returned with the ice cream I saw Frankie on his knees looking very pale.

"Frankie?" I set down the ice cream and ran over to him. "What is it?" He looked up at me and his lower lip trembled.

"I don't...I don't feel very well." He whispered. Then he threw up all over the carpet.

I grabbed the little boy and pulled him away from the vomit and over to the kitchen sink. He began shaking violently and convulsing. "FRANK!" I shouted in terror.

I set him down on the kitchen floor and desperately tried to remember CPR of some kind.

"H...help." Frankie moaned, terrified.His lips started turning blue and he stopped altogether. Immediately I bent over him and breathed into his mouth. I then pumped his chest 13 times before breathing into him three times.

I felt his pulse start running again. It was very fast and weak but it was there. I ran to the phone and dialled 911.

"Hello you have called the emergency line. Would you like the police, ambulance or fire brigade?"

"Ambulance." I gasped.

"One second." I was put straight through to a contact. "How may I help you?"

"The boy i'm baby sitting just collapsed and isn't breathing properly. I gave him CPR but i don't know whats wrong. I don't know..." I began to sob.

"Tell me your address please. Try to stay calm ma'am." I almost screamed at the voice but held it back. I told them the Jonas addres and hung up on them, racing back to Frankie.

His chest was rising and falling sharply. "S...s...sari?"

"Sshh Frankie. The ambulance is on their way. Its gonna be alright, I promise."

****

The ambulance took record time to get here. Before I knew it they were swarming all over Frankie and fixing him up to tubes.

He got a bit scared of them all and screamed my name a few times. I immediately went to his side and gripped his hand while the emergency people worked on him.

When he was loaded into the ambulance I went with him. One of the emergency men turned to me.

"Whats your name sweetheart?"

"Sarai Cage."

"What's the child's name?"

"Frankie Jonas."

"He's going to be fine. Frankie is diabetic. We're gonna just hook him up to a drip and then an insulin container and he should be able to go home in a few days." Frankie was unconscious by now and I was glad.

"Okay."

"What's your relationship to Frankie?"

"Um I'm his big brother's girlfriend. I was babysitting him tonight." The man nodded and did something to a pump that had been inserted into Frankie so that Frankie kept breathing. I rubbed my face and brushed away the tears.

"You did the right thing Sarai. Your CPR saved his life." I nodded but that didn't help me at all.

****

It had been an hour in the hospital. Frankie was now resting quietly in his room. He had about three IV's running out of him and a tube going up his nose to keep his breathing.

I took his hand as he moaned a bit. "Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital. You're going to be okay Frankie."

"What happened?"

"You just had a nasty attack on your pancreas that caused your body to go a little haywire." Frankie nodded and sank into his pillows.

"When is my mummy going to be here?" My heart stopped as i realized I'd forgotten to call them.

"I'm going to call her right now." Frankie nodded again and i wandered out into the hospital corridor to find a phone. A nice nurse guided me in the right direction and I picked it up, dialling Kevin's number.

He didn't answer.

It went straight to messages and I realized he was still in show. I called his mother's number and she didn't pick up either. I tried Joe's and Nick's, (thanking god that i remembered them all), but nobody picked up.

I didn't know their fathers number and I groaned. What was I going to do now?

I called all their phones a total of thirty two times. Finally, finally, finally Denise picked up.

"Hey Sarai! I just checked my messages and found about twenty on here. Whats wrong?"

"Frankie's had an attack. We're in the hospital. He's okay." I managed to gasp out. I was seriously out of breath from leaving all those messages.

I heard Denise shriek slightly over the other side and Kevin's voice appeared in the background.

"Mum whats wrong?"

Please come Kevin. I prayed silently. I just needed him right now.

"We're in St. Jude's hospital. He's sleeping now and the doctor's say it was an attack of diabetes. Please come soon. He's...He wants you." Denise began to cry and told me she would be here as soon as possible.

*****

It only took them an hour and a half to get here. Frankie had started screaming for his mother about half an hour before that and it had taken all of my patience and will to get him to calm down.

By the time they'd arrived, Frankie was peacefully asleep and I was lying next to him, hugging him to me.

Denise came rushing into the room which woke me from my doze. I stumbled off the bed as the three brothers also came spilling into the room, followed by their dad who I hadn't met yet.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. He wasn't breathing so I gave him CPR and called the ambulance. I didn't-"

Kevin came around the bed and gripped my shoulders tightly. He pulled me into his chest and hugged me tightly and strongly.

Denise went over to her little boy and gave him a death grip hug. He woke up and began to cry.

"Mummy." He cried. His parents fussed over him while Kevin stood with me and rubbed my back.

"You did good. You saved his life Sari. Its all over now." He murmured constantly.

"Go and say hi to your little brother. I'll be right here." I said tiredly and with a smile. He looked at me for a second and then nodded. The entire family crowded around their youngest addition and gave him so much love and support I almost felt jealous.

I knew my family wouldn't have rushed to the hospital for me. I shook off the feeling and just watched it all.

I noticed Nick coming over to me with a serious expression on his face.

"Hey." I said warily. He came over and gave me a bone crushing hug that i easily returned. Joe came over and hugged me over the top of Nick and Kevin wrapped his arms around all of us.

I'd never been in a group hug before.

When they all pulled away I rubbed my forehead. My head was spinning slightly.

"I need to sit down for a bit." I left the room and saw on a seat outside, leaning my head against the cold white tiles.

I heard a creak as someone sat next to me and looked over to see Kevin. He held my hand silently.

"I'm bad luck aren't I?" I chuckled. He looked at me with a confused expression and I think he noticed how close to hysteria I was.

"Come here." He pulled me into his lap. I buried my face in his neck and held on tightly to him.

"I think i'm going to black out now." I murmured.

"I've got you." I replied quietly. I knew he wouldn't let me fall and so, without further ado, I let the terror and exhaustion catch up with me as I slipped into silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
ALrighty-hoo :P WOO this was a long chapter. I typed it up in a record forty minutes!!!!!!!! how awesome is that? hahahaha

Comments will earn you a cyber kiss. ahahaha

Also, checkout Birdy's story 'The perfect girl for me'. after you read that, check out the sequel. Its A.W.E.S.O.M.EI