Summer and Forever

Dating money sucking ***s is not the answer...

I pulled a long sleeve shirt over my arms. Why? Because the way Joe had gripped me had left bruises.

I sighed and rubbed my face. This day was fast becoming a nightmare. My only ray of hope for the goodness of the day was that Nick had a good date and would get a second one with the girl.

I'd hidden upstairs for majority of the time that Melman talked over 'figures' with Kevin and Joe for fear of annoying Joe and listening to Melman's underhanded comments.

I sat on my bed and nervously bit my thumnail, something i hadn't done since i was a kid.

There was a soft knock on my door that took me by surprise. Who wanted to talk to me NOW? The door opened even though i didn't answer and Joe came into the room.

I flinched and shifted away from him. A look of hurt flashed across his face and he sat gingerly on the edge of the bed.

"I just wanted to apologize to you Sarai. I'm so sorry that i lost my temper and hurt you. I was...there have been some rumours...damaging rumours spread by an ex girlfriend that are making me angry and you just came in at the wrong time..." He trailed off helplessly and looked at me pleadingly.

I crawled across the bed and hugged him. He hugged me back, sighing.

"Did i hurt you?"

I hesitated and pulled away. "Its nothing Joe. Really. I bruise easy."

"Show me." He said flatly. I hesitantly roled up my sleeves and watched his face carefully. He remained calm when he saw the bruises for a split second before groaning and burying his face in his hands.

"Kevin is going to kill me."

"I won't let him know."

"I'M going to kill me."

"I wont' let you know either." He laughed and looked up at me, his eyes brimming with tears. I was shocked.

"Joe, what is that girl SAYING about you?"

"That i forced her into sex and dumped her the day after." I stared at him shocked and then wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"Is this a recent ex girlfriend?" He bit his lip and nodded.

"Who?"

"Melina."

I froze. "Melina...from summer camp?"

That seemed so long ago now. "Yeah. She called my agent and told him to tell me that she was going to start spreading these nasty rumours unless...."

"Unless what?"

"Unless i pay her five thousand dollars to shut up or ask her out again." I stared at Joe and felt so bad for him. Who knew Melina would turn into such a psycho?

"You can't give in to her. The papers will run her story but it'll blow over. You can laugh her off as some jealous ex and she has no proof of anything. You're still a virgin....right?"

"Of course."

"Then don't worry about it. Melina is...hurting and this is her way of venting. The minute Angelina adopts another kid or Miley Cyrus takes another slutty photo of herself to post on the net, your 'scandal' will be forgotten."

"You really think so Sarai?"

"Of course. You'll still have millions of fan girls who probably WANT to be raped by you." He wrinkled his nose at that thought and laughed.

"You're right. Of course you're right. Sari you're a damn genius."

"I know." I replied modestly. He poked me in the side and got off the bed.

"Well i better not leave Melman down there with Kevin for too long. Kevin might kill him."

"Why?" I asked eagerly. I hated Melman and was glad to know my boyfriend shared my sentiment.

"He's been making all sorts of comments about you....sneaky ones that aren't directly related to you but could be."

"Bastard." I muttered.

"Come on Sar. We'll shut him up together."

I laughed. "Alright." I grabbed Joe's hand and let him lead me down the stairsand back into the kitchen where Kevin was wearily glaring at Melman who was sitting there pompously, shuffling some papers.

"ANYWAY, as i was saying youngster, you're going to have to tell the media that you have a girlfriend soon or else speculations will get out of hand."

"We're just not ready yet." Kevin said through gritted teeth.

"YOU'RE not ready or SHE'S not ready? Because if she's not ready to accept your life style then maybe you shouldn't be dating her." Kevin's knuckles went so white in his grip on his drink i was afraid he'd break the cup.

I quickly scuttled forwards and laid my hand gently on top of his. "Calm yourself, youngster." I joked to him.

His eyes flashed to me and he slowly relaxed into a forced grin. His arm curled around my waist and i felt the muscles in his side begin to relax and let out the tension.

I let one hand rove to his shoulders and gently massaged in hopes of getting him to calm down. He relaxed his shoulders and rolled his neck forwards, allowing me more access to his neck. I chuckled and kept going, much to the disgust and annoyance of Melman.

"Dating money sucking whores is not the answer to a long and prosperous career youngster." Melman said suddenly.

I stopped massaging Kevin's neck. Joe froze while in the act of reaching for a cup. Kevin's head slowly rose up from his relaxed position and i saw that his eyes had gone completely red and his face was dead calm.

"What did you just say?" He asked in monotone.

"I only recommended that you reconsider dating a girl younger then you with no maturity and who's only in it for the money." My mouth opened in shock.

Excuse me? Did this man even KNOW me? Did he have any basis for that statement? I tried to say something but the shock had robbed me of my voice.

"Get out." Kevin said in a dead pan voice. Melman's mouth opened in flabbergasted shock and he rose angrily.

"You cannot kick out-"

"Get out before I make you." Joe cut in. Kevin turned to me, grabbed me and kissed me swiftly and passionately. I was kind of taken by surprise and so I didn't kiss back very much but I did kiss him.

It ended and Kevin pulled me into his body, glaring at Melman. "This girl is not a money sucking whore. You are. You take our money but don't produce any results and then come in here and insult the one girl who means more to me then anyone? Get out Melman and expect a call from my parents and possibly my lawer."

Melman looked at me and there was such angry hatred in his eyes that I shrank back. Kevin felt my fear and turned so that he was in between Melman and I.

"Out."

"But youngster-"

"OUT!" Kevin roared. I jumped and to my complete and utter embarrassment, i began to cry. The shock of being bruised by Joe, being called a money sucking whore and suddenly seeing Kevin in this awful rage just pushed me over the edge and i began to cry quietly.

Kevin saw this and visibly tried to calm down. Melman ran from the room, tripping over his own feet and hastily making an exit.

Kevin turned to me and gently brushed the tears from my face with his thumbs.

"Listen to me Sari. Listen to me." He said softly. I nodded, looking up at him. "I"m sorry for losing my temper. It wasn't directed at you."

"I know. I know." I gasped, tryingto calm myself. I buried my face in his chest and he stroked the back of my head softly, kissing the top of my head numerous times until I quietened down.

Joe had taken the precaution of locking the doors and calling Nick to see when he was coming home. He was a thoughtful kid.

Kevin took my hand and turned to Joe. "See if you can get Nick to come home soon." He said to Joe quietly.

"He's about five minutes from the place. Says he had a great time."

"Well at least someone had a good time tonight." I mumbled.

"Come on Sarai. Let's get you to bed."

"No, I wanna hear about Nick's date." I rubbed my eyes and dried my face quickly. "I'm fine. See?" I tried smiling and though I failed, Kevin knew he couldn't budge me.

"Alright honey, alright." He said soothingy. He leaned against the kitchen counter and wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned into him and closed my eyes. What an exhausting day.

I leaned my head against Kevin's chest and hugged him, waiting for Nick to get home. Kevin's fingers gently played with the white parts of my hair and I smiled.

***

Nick came back with the biggest grin on his face and a relaxed stance. His smile was contagious and I pulled away from Kevin to throw myself at him.

"You had a good date!" I shrieked happily.

"YES! It was great! You're awesome Sarai!"

He swung me around the kitchen until I felt dizzy. "Alright, put her down Nicky boy and tell us about it." Kevin laughed.

He grabbed my hand and instantly pulled me closer to him as soon as Nick released me. I just smiled and put an arm around his waist.

I loved that he needed to be near me.

"So I picked her up and we just walked around by this lake. It was really nice and after half an hour our fingers kind of touched, so i held her hand and she held mine back. And talking to her? She's amazing! She's bright, funny and opinionated. She's so cool and she loves our band."

I grinnned. "Aww. Nick has a crush."

"A crush? Nah. I like her a lot man! And she likes me back! We're going out tomorrow night and she might be coming over in the evening. Is that...alright?" He suddenly looked nervous.

"HELL YEAH!" I said excitedly.

"Calm yourself dearest." Kevin muttered in my ear and i laughed.

"What's her name? Whats her family like? Details boy! Did you kiss her?"

"Her family's a bit hectic. She has two little brothers that she practically takes care of but some nights a babysitter takes care of them. Her mum's pretty free and lets her do whatever she wants but she's nice and does the necessary things. I kissed her after we saw the movie. It was kind of impulsive but really nice. You were right Sarai..." Nick trailed off sheepishly.

"I always am." I grinned.

"ANYWAY, after I kissed her she gave me her number and I gave her mine. Like I said, we're going to meet up tomorrow and hopefully she can come and stay a few hours here. You know...just hanging out?" He looked at us all nervously.

"What, are you embarrassed of us?" Joe challenged.

"No...its just...well Sarai is the most supportive one of this. You two are just going to embarrass me."

"Cross our hearts, hope to die we won't embarrass you. Much."

Nick snorted. "I guess thats as good as i'm gonna get."

I yawned quiety but Kevin caught it. "Alright. Everyone should go to bed. Mum and Dad are coming back next week and this house needs to be spotless so can people please do their own dishes and start vaccuuming more often?"

"Ai ai captain." Joe saluted and went upstairs. Nick smiled at us and wandered off.

"HEY SHORTY!" I yelled after him.

He turned back with a frown. "That's your name."

"Whatever. Whats the girl's name?"

"Oh...Her name is Bertranna."

***

Kevin practically carried me upstairs. I snuggled into the bed, content and mostly happy.

Kevin hesitated for a second over the bed, unsure whether or not he should stay. I think he was afraid that he'd scared me. I grabbed him by his shoulders and pulled him down onto the bed.

"Don't even think about leaving me." I said sternly.

"I scared you before."

"I was just emotional. Its fine Kev. Really." He pulled his shirt off, (hot damn, the boy had muscles), and lay down next to me. I lifted my head and leaned it on his chest and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in closer.

"Sarai?"

"Mmm?" I asked sleepily.

"You're not a money sucking whore." I giggled and looked up at Kevin's serious face. "I know." I said quietly.

"I won't let him get away with calling you that."

"Its okay Kev. He's gone, you're not. The most important matters of the day are accomplished."

Kevin kissed me softly on the lips and then a little harder. I twisted so that I had better access to him and reached an arm around his neck to pull myself closer.

The door crashed open and we broke apart.

"Oh...sorry guys. Just wanted to ask Sarai if she knows what kind of present I should get Bertranna?"

"AM I EVER GOING TO GET TO KISS MY GIRLFRIEND WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS?" Kevin roared. I laughed hysterically.

"Nick, just give her some flowers. We can talk presents tomorrow." I yawned.

He nodded and backed out with a sheepish grin at Kevin. "Lights out?"

He sighed unhappily and kissed my nose. "When we go on a date, I am going to kiss you senseless." He growled. That gave me shivers down my spine and brought a smile to my lips.

"Sounds like a plan Romeo. Sounds like a plan." We settled against the pillows, (well Kevin was MY pillow), and fell into an easy dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt so bad about the lack of updates that i wrote TWO! today, i wrote two! ia m so proud of me :P I look forward to reaching forty chapters. I have an inkling of how we're going to end this story but i don't know how far away the ending might be. Not for another ten chapters at least... Yeah anyways, please comment. They make me feel appreciated and fuzzy. :D