Summer and Forever

The date

Kevin drove us around for an hour. It was quiet in the car at first as he didn't want to tell me what he'd planned and I was nervous about this date. I was just nervous in general.

He looked over at me and smiled this goofy grin that had my insides melt. I bit my lower lip and tried too relax.

"Sari?"

"Mmm?"

"You doing okay? You look like i'm about to beat you over the head with a hammer or whatnot."

I laughed. "Sorry, I just...I'm nervous."

Kevin chuckled. "Well imagine how much pressure this must be for me then. I have to come up with a good date."

I grinned. "Yeah, it better be good."

He took my hand and entwined his fingers with mine, squeeing my hand to let me know everything was ok. God I loved him. He had to be the best person in the entire world.

Kevin suddenly released my hand and pulled on the steering wheel into a abandoned look parking lot. I raised my eyebrows. "If this turns out into one long make out session..."

He raised an eyebrow at me. I shrugged. "I wouldn't mind so much."

He laughed. "My reputation is at stake here. Try and help me keep it clean."

I grinned. "Never."

He kissed my hand and then got out of the car. I followed suit and watched as he brought out two old jackets.

"Um... Kevin? Why are you holding jackets?"

"Trust me."

"You've thrown me in the pool twice."

"I wuuv you." I grinned as he handed me a jacket and put it on. We walked up to the abadoned building and Kevin pushed the door open.

"What on earth is this?"

"Just go in."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes dear."

I went in and strained to see in front of me. Kevin's hands gripped my waist and he pulled me closer. "Three...two...one..." He whispered in my ear.

The lights went on and my mouth opened. It was an ice skating rink. "I wanted to find a place out of the public eye and all. This place was closed but they let me use it for tonight."

I grinned up at him. "You think i'm gooorrgeous, you wanna kisss me..." I sang but was cut off when his lips tangled with mine, effectively ruining my singing. He pulled away.

"Yup." He chuckled quietly.

"Come on! Let's skate!" I said enthusiastically. We pulled on a pair of skates and went out onto the ice. I was actually pretty good at skating. I'd done it a lot as a kid. Well, Jordan and I had anyway.

I skated a few times aorund and notice Kevin just standing at the start of the arena. "I wasn't planning on you being better at this then me. I can't actually skate very well."

I laughed and glided over to him. "Come on." I grabbed his hand and pulled him out onto the ice. He grabbed my shoulder hard and wobbled on his skates.

"What would you have done if I couldn't skate?" I laughed.

"Probably just pushed you out onto the ice and watched you flounder."

"Jerk."

It took him a while but he got the hang of skating. He soon got confident enough to grab me off my feet while skating and carry me for a lap around the ice skating rink. It was fun as!

He set me down and after an hour we were ready to leave. Honestly I was exhausted.

"Sari?" He said hesitantly while we were pulling on our regular shoes.

"Mmm?"

"I...I kinda.." Kevin buried his head in my shoulder. I noticed the tips of his ears were red.

"Kev?" He looked up at me.

"I love you." My heart stopped.

"What?"

"Sorry. I just...I do."

"I....uh...I...I..." I stuttered. I couldn't handle this. I loved Kevin, of course I did. But for some reason i couldn't say it. I couldn't let him know that i was vulnerable to him.

When i didn't say anything for a long time his eyes went hard and his face went stony. "We should go now."

"Kevin please..." He didn't say anything to me and i felt horrible. "I'm sorry." I said quietly.

He just stood up and stalked out of the arena after turning out the lights. I stumbled after him and we got into the car silently. Tears silently ran down my face and ran into my mouth.

"We're going home now."

"The date's over? Just like that?"

"I don't see the point in spending anymore time on the disaster that was this evening." He said coldly.

He pulled into the driveway an hour later. Neither of us had said a word. I got out of the car as soon as he cut the engine and ran inside.

Nick looked up from where he and Bertranna were sitting on the couch, cuddling. "Sarai?" He said in a shocked voice. I must look like shit.

I ran upstairs without saying anything to any of the boys and slammed the door shut. That had been the worst date ever.

Our first date completely ruined because i was an emotional blank. God i hated myself.

***

I had been in a collapsed position on my bed for over an hour. Nick and Joe had both knocked on the door but I wouldn't open. Bertranna said goodbye to me through the door and I mumbled an intelligible response back.

Then everything went silent. I lay on my back and stared at the ceiling, looking at nothing in particular. Slow anger rose and Kevin became my target. He had just forced this on me and expected me to respond favorably?

I growled and got up. I was going to give that boy a piece of my mind.

******

I didn't bother knocking on his door, just opened it. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands. He looked up and his face hardened at the sight of me.

"No, you shit head. Don't you dare." I snarled. He froze.

"You just spring this 'i love you' shit on me and expect me to reciprocate in the next ten seconds? Love isn't that easy buster. For your information I love you very much but I hate being weak to people and you act like a neanderthal about it and are just....such a fucking jerk. How dare you." I shouted.

"Oh yeah?" he stood up. "Well i love you more then you can know and you don't say ANYTHING to me, just leave me vulnerable and hanging." He yelled back.

"I'm sorry if i'm such an emotional mess that I can't process those kinds of emotions in ten minutes but you need to get over it!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"We just said we love each other for the first time." He shouted at me.

"I know!" I screamed back. "So why are we fighting?"

"I don't know." He yelled. "But i'm gonna kiss you now."

"Yeah well you better coz i fucking love you."

"I damn love you too." He yelled back and then he crossed the space, grabbed me roughly and kissed me senselessly. My arms were wrapped around his neck hard and our kisses were bruising, rough but oh so nice.

We pulled away, panting and he looked at me sheepishly. "Wanna sleep in my room tonight?"

I kissed him in response. All in all it had been a perfect date.
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go. Again, sorry for lack of updates. Holidays are hectic.

Yes i did steal that fight off friends but i thoughtit was an awesome way to say I love you for the first time x)