Summer and Forever

I love you with all i have left to give

"Sarai?"

"Mmm?"

I was sitting in the private dressing room of Kevin's, playing with the strings of his guitar.

"If you want...I mean if you are afraid this is too soon...you can just stay in here. You can still hear us."

I looked up at him surprised. "You'd let me do that?"

He nodded and shrugged. "It doesn't look like we're going out of business anytime soon."

"You mean the band or us?"

"Both." He gave me a goofy grin that i loved so much.

"Kevin, I came to the concert to see the concert. Now lead the way to the sidewings."

"You don't have to-"

I cut him off by getting up and pressing my lips quickly against his to silence him. I pulled back as his arms lightly rested around my waist. "I'm coming to see you up there. You're going to be amazing and I'm going to sit there with a sniper rifle, picking off any girl that gets too close to you."

I gave him a wicked grin as he laughed and kissed my forehead. "Alright then psycho. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his dresser door. "Oh wait, i forgot one more thing."

He turned back to me and one hand gripped my hair gently as he pressed his lips to my open ones for a thorough kiss. He broke off and kissed his way down to my neck where he bit gently.

"I love you Sari, with all I have to give." He whispered.

I was speechless.

Then he pulled back as if nothing had happened and led me by the hand out of the dresser room.

***

The lights were flashing and the Jonas brothers were kicking ass. That's the only way I can describe the concert. Kevin's guitar, Jonas and Nick's voice plus their guitars...the sensation they caused among everyone in the crowd was unbelievable.

Of course, Bertranna and I were taken up in their glory as well. We were standing in the sidewings, screaming our lungs out and jumping up and down. Bertranna grabbed me giggling.

"Nick asked me to be his proper girlfriend today just before the concert!"

"That's awesome!"

Bertranna nodded and we jumped up and down some more.

"Kevin and I just told each other we loved each other."

Bertranna shrieked and grabbed my wrists, grinning. "THAT'S GREAT!" She screamed above the music. We laughed and jumped around like crazy show girls.

Kevin looked over and caught my eye. I smiled and blew him a kiss, which caused an instant grin on his face.

"I knew you were going to be a problem." The voice behind me was thin and reedy and somehow clear despite the loud noise. I turned, frowning, and paled several shades when I saw Melman standing there with his hands on his fat hips.

His lips were thinned in a disapproving matter and his eyes belied fury in them. I stopped jumping around and grabbed Bertranna's wrist. She turned and saw Melman.

"Can we help you?" She asked, oblivious to the situation.

"Break up with him you money sucking whore." Melman hissed at me.

"Why, you in love with him yourself or something?" I shot back sarcastically. He took a step towards me and Bertranna tightened her grip on my arm to let me know that she was afraid.

Truth be told, so was I.

Where the hell was security when you needed them?

"I know you're dating him for the attention and the money. You're going to ruin his reputation young lady. The rest of his career is dependant on how you conduct yourself around him and you're nothing but a little skank whore!"

I raised my fist but Bertranna pulled it back. "Come on Bertranna. Let's just go. Melman's just pissed because Kevin doesn't want to date him."

I didn't see it coming. I was too focused on Bertranna's insistent pull to see the hand flying towards my face until it was too late. Melman's fat fingers contactedmy cheek harshly and sent me sprawling to the ground.

My head cracked against the floor and my vision burst into little stars and bright lights. For a few horrifying seconds I found i couldn't concentrate on anything but a high keening sound. I followed that sound until I figured out what it was.

Bertranna was screaming. Her scream was lost in the crowd's scream but not lost on me. I got to my feet unsteadily and saw Melman attacking her. I could see him mouthing the words 'money sucking whore' over and over as his chubby fists grabbed the front of her jacket and he shook her violently.

I jumped in the air and landed on his back. He released Bertranna instantly as my arms wrapped around his neck. He reached up, grabbed the back of my jacket and flipped me over his head.

I crashed into something hard and heard a crunching sound.

Please god don't let that be my back was my last thought before consciousness sucked me into its deep black hole.

***

I came to on a hard floor. People were rushing about above me and someone was screaming at the top of his lungs.

Everything was blurry and unclear.

I felt a sweaty palm grasp my own cool one and looked up blearily to see Kevin kneeling over me, panicked tears in his eyes. "Sari?"

His voice was calm, quite and unyielding yet i heard the deep note of pain in the undertone.

"Kev...Am I dead? Coz you look like an angel to me." I joked weakly. I saw a small smile crack his firmly set lips and realized he was trying not to cry.

"Am I okay?" I rasped.

"Nothing is broken. The ambulance people have come and gone but they have their hands full with Melman, Bertranna and some fan girls-"

"Bertranna? What happened to-"

"She's fine, just in shock. She wants to get home to her brothers but has been taken to the hospital just in case. Nick is with her." I nodded and winced.

Kevin gently put an arm underneath my shoulder and legs and picked me up like a baby. I wrapped an arm around his neck and let my head fall onto his chest. "I'm okay." I murmured to him, attempting to reassure him. "Kevin?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did Melman have to go to the hospital?"

"Psychiatric breakdown and...broken nose plus missing teeth. The story is he tripped and fell while attempting to make an escape." I looked up blearily to see Kevin's twin hard angry eyes. I couldn't bear to see him like this over me.

"Where are we going?"

"Back to the house. I was going to take you to the hospital but they said they wouldn't let me stay the night as two jonas's in the place would cause an uproar with the fans. You can go there if you don't feel-"

"Don't leave me." I clutched his T-shirt and buried my face in it. He pressed his lips to the top of my head. "That's why you're not going there, but home."

"Mmm." I said tiredly, letting my head rest against his chest again.

"Just sleep Sari. It'll be just us tomorrow so you can just sleep." Before I let darkness consume me again I place a hand against his face gently and stroked it. "I'm alright honey." I whispered to him.

Then I fell asleep with the man i trust most in the world holding me in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
=] Sorry for belated updates. Chapter is long enough, I hope. The next chap will be a bit of fluff but meh, I feel like it x)

Comments = cyber kisses