Summer and Forever

Sick and beaten. What a pair

Waking up after a beating isn't fun. Your head is woozy. Your bones ache, (especially the shoulder I landed on), and finally you feel sick to the stomach. But then the silver lining comes.

You tilt your head ever so gently to the left and see the sleeping face of Kevin Jonas lying on the pillow next to you. You can tell that he's stayed up all night watching over you from the bags under his eyes. His arm is casually thrown over your waist and you have become somebody under his protection even in sleep.

Well thats me anyway, when anyone else gets bashed up they don't wake up to Kevin. He's mine.

I attempted to roll over so i could look at him face to face properly but the screaming pain in my shoulder demanded that I remain on my back so i settled for moving my hand.

Kevin jerked awake and looked around blearily. "Wha...wha..." He mumbled. His words were...muggish.

I looked at him carefully and saw his eyes were bloodshot. His voice was clogged and he was sniffing and wincing in pain from his headache.

"Honey, what the hell did you do to yourself?" I asked in horror at the sight of my sick boyfriend. I got up, ignoring the pain, and made him look at me.

"My immune system always goes down at this time of year. Lack of sleep and elevated stress doesn't help." He replied, except his voice was muggy from his cold.

"I'm gonna make you a hot drink and then you go right back to sleep." I got off the bed but was yanked back by my hand.

"You have to stay in bed. Doctor's orders." Kevin looked at me firmly. I smiled and leaned forwards, brushing my lips against his. His hand released mine so he could touch my face and I pulled out of his reach fast as lightening.

"I win."

"Saraaaaaaaaiiii" He groaned in exasperation. He got up to follow me but stumbled and fell onto his hands and knees. "Whoa!" I ran to his side and put my arm around his shoulders.

"Kevin, are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm...I'...I..." I knew what he was about to do after nursing many a sick parent. (sick, hungover, no diff). I grabbed the trashcan and held it under his head as he vomited into it. I looked away and held my breath, ignoring the bile rising in my own throat.

"I don't feel good." He mumbled quietly before throwing up again.

"Okay you get back in that bed. I'll take care of you." I promised. He was too weak to object, which scared me. I helped him back into bed, actually biting into his shoulder to muffle my silent scream of pain, and pulled the covers over him.

He was sweating and clammy now and his temperature was so hot. I handed him the trash can and got to work finding things to take care of him with.

***

He was asleep when I got back, which was good because this would be much more difficult if he was awake. If i know Kevin, and I do, he would try to get out of bed to help me out and if he did it too many times he might see how much my shoulder hurts.

I gently approached him and held out the first belt...

***

Standing back and admiring my work, I smiled. He was going to hate and love me for this. Hopefully more of the latter then the former.

I cleaned his face with a wet towel and put a thermometer in his mouth. 39oC is what it rose to. I frowned and started to get worried. In my haste I pulled the thermometer out of his mouth a bit too hard and he woke up.

"Sar..." He woke up a bit more fully after trying to grab my hand. "Why have you strapped my arms to the headboard?" He asked in horror.

It didn't sound so bad when he said it with a cold. "Because I knew you'd try to get out of bed too much and you need to rest. I'm fine, now its your turn."

"Tell me you're kidding." He pulled on the restraints but they wouldn' loosen. "Sarai...let me out now." He didn't sound so threatening with a cold either.

"No can do. What I can do is feed you soup."

He looked like he wanted to yell at me but then his head drooped back onto the pillows and he let his breath out in one rush. A harsh cough rattled from his chest. I grabbed the tomato soup i'd heated in the microwave downstairs.

"Open up for the choo choo train." I couldn't resist teasing him. He closed his mouth so I sweetly leant over and pinched his nose together.

He held on for an impressive 5 seconds before opening his mouth to gasp for air. I held his mouth shut until he swallowed the soup and then withdrew the spoon. "One down, the rest of the bowl to go."

He groaned and coughed. "Come oon. At least make it more grownup for me. This is humiliating." He complained.

I thought about that and then grinned. "When you take a mouthful and swallow it, I'll kiss you. WHen you finish the bowl I'll let oyu out of the restraints so you can kiss me back."

I didn't mind kissing him with a cold. If I could swap spit I could take a bit of germs.

"What do you say?" I asked, feeling a bit stupid.

"Screw the spoon. Lemme drink from the damn bowl." He replied. I laughed and held it to his mouth. To my complete surprise he sculled the entire thing in five seconds.

"Wasn't that hot?" I asked in horror.

"Extremely. Kiss me."

I leaned forwards and brushed my lips against his teasingly. "Mmm." He groaned. I pressed a soft kiss to his lips and pulled back.

"Thats it." I grinned wickedly.

"Hell it is." He growled. It sounded so sexy with that cold, i almost wanted to jump him. I didn't realise he'd freed one hand from his restraints until it came across my back and pulled me to him forcefully.

His mouth fused with mine fiercely and he held me tightly there while never breaking the kiss. After a while we broke off. I was lying on top of him on my stomach, held there by his arm. I laughed.

"Okay very clever Mister Jonas."

He licked the tip of my nose. "Ew, Kevin germs!" He laughed and coughed.

I wriggled off him. While he busied himself freeing his other hand I took the trashcan to the sink and washed it out thoroughly. When i returned, Kevin was undressing. His top came off and then he turned to see me staring.

"Oh...sorry...thought you'd be a bit longer."

I grinned. "No problem. Really. Feel free to continue."

He laughed. "We're going to bed. The two sickies."

"No playing around?" I asked playfully.

"Honey i'm going to be lying next to you in pajamas with flem in my throat. How sexy do you think that's going to be?" I shrugged.

"It could be pretty sexy. You have a nice flem voice."

"Ew."

"Yeah you almost sound like The Nanny."

"You wound me!"

I grinned and pulled off my jacket that i'd been put to bed in last night. I was just wearing a singlet underneath. I removed my jeans so I was only in undies and got into the bed. He got in next to me and we lay there silently.

The silence lasted a whole minute and a half until he pressed his cold big toe onto my ankle. I shrieked. "You're freezing!"

"They say body heat might help."

"Smooth."

"I thought so."

I sighed and wriggled closer to him. "Night sicky." I yawned. "Night victim." He replied, chuckling. I rolled away from him sleepily and closed my eyes.

I heard this noise that was unnatural. It was a combination of a cough and a gasp and a growl all at once. I felt two cold fingers trace the outline of the large ugly bruise on my white skin and cursed myself angrily.

I am wearing a singlet. Of course he's going to bloody see the bruise on my shoulder!

I felt his lips on my shoulder blade right next to the bruise. "I'll leave you alone about it for now." He said gently. "But if you ever dont' tell me about something like this I'll tie you down and check myself."

"Kinky Kev, kinky." I giggled sleepily. He nestled his body into mine, careful of the bruise, and I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck.

"I think you're the best nurse I ever had." He mumbled sleepily.

"That's coz i'm a nurse with benefits. Don't do a repeat of this in the hospital." I warned. He chuckled and kissed the back of my neck. "Promise." He whispered. Then we fell asleep, comfortable, warm and officially warn out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, fluff, but I couldn't ressiiiiist this chapter =]

Comments keep me going with this story