Summer and Forever

Go back to your parents for all I care

Two days after spending the afternoon playing Nurse with Kevin, the Jonas parents were back. Frankie was back. Melvin was toast.

The minute Denise found out what was the cause of all my battle scars of late she got on the phone. After a lot of yelling and threats with law suits she hung up and smiled grimly at me.

"Melvin is going to be spending a stint in jail. There is always the option of suing him if its something you want to do." She informed me.

"I...don't want to sue him. I just want him to leave me alone. Thank you so much."

"You saved my little boy's life and made my bigger boy so happy honey. Its the least I can do for you." I grinned as she gave me a quick hug.

"Bertranna says hi by the way. She's fine. Nick's in the hospital with her now."

I smiled. "Yeah I'm glad she's good. I might drop by later."

"Kevin can probably take you. He needs to go talk to the agency anyway."

"Oh how come?"

"The boys have a four month tour around Australia coming up in a week or two. I want them to rest up for it."

I went dead silent. My heart stopped. Everything stopped working.

Frankie wandered into the room and took a seat next to me, grabbing my limp hand.

"They...are?"

"Kevin hasn't told you?" Denise frowned. "He's known since before the summer camp."

It was like i'd been punched in the stomach. "Oh...he hasn't mentioned it."

Denise stopped putting things away and frowned at me. "That boy..."

"I'll...uh...talk to him once he comes down. He's just getting dressed I think." I said vaguely.

Inside, my head was spinning at a million miles per hour. Four months without Kevin. Four months without him. Four...four...four months. And he'd known! I sat down and looked at Frankie who was tugging on my hand.

"Wanna play trucks with me? I'll let you be the red one. He's the best at the game so you'll have the advantage." He promised me seriously.

"Um...maybe in a little while Frankie. I just have to...talk to Kevin first." Frankie nodded and got up.

"I'll be in the lounge room." He informed me and then he ran off. Denise put her hand on my shoulder. "You alright honey?"

"I...no."

Kevin chose that moment to appear. "Hey mum." He kissed her on the cheek and sat next to me, putting an arm around my waist.

"Hey babe." I barely felt the kiss on my temple.

"Sari? What's wrong?"

"A four month tour. That's whats wrong."

He froze. I shrugged his arm off and stood up. "Four months? And you have known since the beginning of camp? When were you going to tell me?" My voice began to rise.

He sat there with his head hung. "I couldn't find the right time..."

"The right time?" I shrieked.

"Sshh." He pleaded.

"Why didn't Nick or Joe tell me?"

"I...asked them not to."

Anger closed my throat up.

"Say something." He begged me. His hands grabbed my waist as he stood up, towering over me.

"You...you..." I couldn't think of a word bad enough for him.

"Sarai I was going to tell you. Honestly. Your birthday is in a few days so I was going to..."

"Surprise me? Happy birthday darling, i'm leaving?"

"It wasn't going to be like that?"

"Oh no? How were you going to go about it? Give me a pamphlet? Get your agency to drop me a line?" I snarled sarcastically. A dark frown crossed his face.

"Look I know I didn't make the best move but-"

"What the hell am I supposed to do while you're touring?"

"I don't know, get a job? Go to school? Hell go back to your parents for all i care!" He yelled back. There was silence between us.

"Maybe thats a good idea." I said quietly.

"Come on-"

"No. I'm...I need to think. And pack."

"Sarai you can't leave me. Please."

I looked up at him, at the adorable eyes that I loved so much. I saw the earnest pain on his face and knew that I had to do this. I had to break my heart so that he could continue his life.

I couldn't be oneof those people who waited for months on end for their lovers to come back to them for a few weeks only to leave again. I saw a brief glimpse of my future and it involved a lot of lonlieness and I knew...I knew i couldn't do it.

"I'm sorry Kevin. I...I can't be with you right now. Go on your tour. I'm going to go and think things through okay?" I said quietly. I pulled out of his loosened grip and started upstairs.

"But Sari...I love you." He whispered brokenly. Tears ran loose down my face, spilling and falling.

"I know." I choked out.

Then i ran upstairs, slammed the door shut and began to pack my bags.
♠ ♠ ♠
='[

Comments please

Thank you for drawing my attention to the fact that i accidentally cooked Kevin's insides in theprevious chapter. It has since been changed. haha