Summer and Forever

Welcome home

The ring on my finger glistened and winked in the light every time i moved my hand. I stared at it for hours on end during the plane ride back home.

Kevin was asleep, one hand holding tightly onto mine. He often mumbled my name in his sleep and shifted a few times but his hand never let mine go. He woke as the plane started to descend and looked at me sleepily.

"I'm still sleeping aren't I?" He groaned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Nope."

"Cool."

His head leaned on my shoulder as he sighed and tried to wake up before the plane completely stopped.

"Sarai?"

"Mmm?"

"Its your birthday today isn't it?" I mentally counted in my head before answering.

"I think it is."

"Damn it. I completely forgot."

"Honey you just gave me an engagement ring. I'm kinda thinking thats a pretty good birthday present." I reassured him.

He looked up at me sheepishly. "So you forgive me?"

"Yeah." I grinned and kissed his nose. The plane stopped gently and I stood up, pulling Kevin with me.

"So do you have a taxi ready to take us home or what?"

"Yeah a taxi will take us in case the media follows us."

"The media?"

"I don't know if they found out about me flying over here to try and find you."

"Oh dear."

"It'll be okay." He promised me. We shuffled forwards in the line slowly until we were finally able to get off the plane and walk to the terminal.

Our luggage would be picked up by someone else so that we could make a quick escape from the media. The second we entered the lobby there was a high pitched scream.

"THERE HE IS!" Immediately a massive crowd of screaming fan girls, cameras and magazine reporters engulfed us. I gripped Kevin's hand, terrified. His arms came firmly around my waist as the questions bombarded us.

"Are you two still together?"

"Are you still a virgin kevin?"

"Did you leave because you broke up?"

"Are you pregnant with his child?"

"Whats your sign Sarai? The fans want to know?"

"Are you aware you've become a fashoin icon for toung tweens all around Sarai? How does that make you feel?"

"Kevin are you still going on the four month tour?"

"WHY IS THERE AN ENGAGEMENT RING ON YOUR HAND SARAI?"

Suddenly the screaming intensified and i whimpered, leaning back into Kevin and resisting he urge to hide my face in his chest. He pushed calmly through the crowed, guiding me by the small of my back.

People were trying to grab my hands and get good photos of the ring. Someone yanked me viciously by my elbow and I nearly lost my balance.

I thought i saw Ingrid's face in the crowd but i couldn't be sure because there were so many people and flashing cameras.

Finally sweet relief came as we got into our taxi and Kevin instructed him to lose the paparazzi.

Kevin put his arm casually around my shoulders but i knew it was a gesture to tell me it was ok. I patted his knee and stared out the window at the now familiar sights. I was now home. It felt so good.

***

Kevin opened the front door of his home for me and I stepped through The chattering that i'd heard throughthe door silenced as I entered the room.

Joe, Nick, Bertranna, Frankie and Denise were all there. They stared at me as if i was a ghost.

"Hey guys." I said nervously.

"HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME LIKE THAT?" Bertranna screamed at me before flinging herself across the room and rugby tackling me to the floor.

I was crushed to the floor underneath her and Nick soon followed, jumping on the both of us.

Frankie laughed and joined in before Joe finished off the pile by climbing on top and crowing that he was the king of the world.

Soon they all climbed off as i gasped in breath. Joe helped me to my feet and crushed me in a bear hug. Nick hugged me from behind as Bertranna jumped on Nick's back to join in. Kevin had to pull us apart.

"Thank you." I gasped.

"Don't ever do that again." Bertranna said sternly. Frankie was holding onto my leg, beaming up at me.

"Sari owes me a game of trucks." He pouted up at me. He looked so much like Kevin when he did that.

I laughed and stroked his gorgeous curls. "Of course Frank." I smiled at him. I looked over and saw Denise just looking at me, smiling.

"Welcome home Sarai."

Yes. I was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. Random fluff and a bit boring. Just a filler