Summer and Forever

Familiar Ghosts

I lay in bed with Lockie curled into my side. Every now and then he would make little snuffling noises and i would laugh. He sounded a little like Kevin when he was sleeping.

Ugh. I hated thinking about that boy so much.

I sat up gently so as not to disturb my sweet little puppy and grabbed my phone off the desk so i could check if i had any messages.

None.

I threw the phone across the room in frustration and crossed my arms grumpily. How come NIck had time to call Bertranna, his girlfriend but Kevin, my fiancee had no time to call me?

Lockie snuffled again and lifted his sleepy little head to look at me. His gorgeous eyes with an expression of confusion and innocence brought laughter to my lips and i picked him up to hug him gently.

"Sorry sweetheart." I cooed gently to him. After a bit of rocking he fell asleep against me.

I silently picked up the remote and turned the TV that was in Kevin's room on to the E channel. It was brainless stuff but it might talk about the Jonas Brothers or something.

Some boring story about Angelina Jolie and her children rattled on for a solid hour and i found my eyes glazing over as i slowly slumped onto my side. I stared blearily at the TV as the story ended and the next one finished.

There was a story about the Jonas Brothers. After a brief debate with myself on if i should watch it or not i sat there and watched the story.

Joe Jonas had picked up a girlfriend. Not just any girlfriend either. THe girl looked strangely familiar to me. Her perfect blond hair and snarky smile were forever imprinted on my mind anyway. Ingrid.

My mouth fell open and i turned the TV up. Ingrid had gone to the show, gone backstage and hit it off with Joe. She also had a new best friend. Melina.

I stared at the two girl's i'd met from the summer camp and shook my head. Melina had changed so much. Instead of the wholesome look she'd had when i was friends with her she now was wearing clothes that would put a slut to shame. Her mini skirt barely covered her underwear and her top was see through...except she wasn't wearing a bra. She had changed so much.

Her eyes had changed too. Instead of the kindness i had found in them once, they now reflected shallow cruelty and bitterness. I gulped. This could not be good.

"I just heard about Kevin's engagement to Sarai, an old friend of mine and I just wanted to congratulate her. I'm so glad she got everything she ever wanted." I could see the angry edge in her face as she said that. Ingrid smirked from behind her and held onto Joe's hand.

Joe was just smiling at her and oblivious to anything else. Nick was looking abit uncomfortable and Kevin...Kevin was not happy. I could see from the way he stood that he was uncomfortable and angry with himself and everyone else around him.

I wanted to run my hand through his gorgeous curly locks and kiss the stress away from his face. I gripped Lockie a little bit tighter.

The TV shot panned out to Ingrid and Joe kissing for everybody to see. Melina was oblivious to the boy she had loved first. She was edging towards someone else a bit more and smiling at him. She was talking to him. My Kevin.

I could see him give a grimacing smile in her direction as she purred something at him. I clenched my fists in rage. How dare she flirt with him on TV when she knew I could be...watching.

She was doing this on purpose! Without a second thought i laid Lockie on the bed and bolted over to my phone. Kevin's number was being called within two seconds.

Lockie whined a little bit at the sudden dislodgement but i ignored him. While staring at the screen i listened to the ringing at the other end. Somebody picked up.

"Hello?" A female voice purred. My throat closed up and i felt sick to the stomach.

"Melina?" I choked out.

"Wow, hello Sarai! Fancy you ringing Kevin right now! I guess you saw our little special on E huh?" I could hear the snide victory in her voice and growled.

"Melina, put Kevin on the phone."

"I don't think he wants to talk to you. He's kind of talking to reporters right now."

I didn't believe her. "Put him on."

SHe sighed and there was some talking and then a laugh and then somebody's voice came on the line. "Hello?" The voice was deep and husky and definitely ... definitely ... definitely not Kevin.

"Who is this?"

"Who do you want it to be?" He whispered seductively into the phone.

"I'm serious you idiot! Put Kevin on the phone!" I shouted.

"What are you wearing?" He purred right back. I hung up and felt my chest constrict. Why was his phone with Melina? What the hell was happening?

After calling a few more times and not recieving any answer i deduced that Melina had his phone...somehow...and that he was never going to answer me.

I thought about trying Joe or Nick but I didn't. Instead i curled back up with Lockie and went to bed. Somehow it seemed a lot emptier and a lot lonlier then it had last night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure where i'm going with this but i'll figure something out. NOt promising a swift update.