Summer and Forever

The Lake again...

I was down at the lake again. It was nice now that it wasn’t clouded with bitches like Ingrid and the other girls in the group. Nobody was around to shove me into the lake and bash my head on the platform.

My feet trailed in the water and I stared moodily at my reflection. I’d been kissed by Kevin just because he wanted to motivate me. What a jerk. I bet he did that with all the ladies.

I glared with fury into the water. This wasn’t fair. My parents were splitting up and I was being treated like a dog that reacts to tidbits for motivation. Ugh. I wanted to go home, even with all the fighting and legal shit going down. This place was just humiliating.

There was a soft rustling behind me and I turned, dreading to see Ingrid or someone but it was just Kevin.

“Go away.” I mumbled. I felt so close to crying.

“Sarai, I wanted to apologize.”

“I’m not a dog that can be fed little treats to keep her going.” I snarled at him. I turned back to the water and wrapped my arms around my knees. Despite my anger Kevin sat down next to me gingerly.

“I didn’t mean it like that.”

“What?”

“I didn’t mean the kiss like that. I kissed you because I…I think you’re nice, funny and I like you a bit.”

“I’ve only known you for a day!” I snorted in surprise.

“I know. I’m not usually a fast moving kind of guy.” He looked sad and vulnerable.

“So why’d you say ‘Motivated’?”

“It was my attempt to be sexy.”

I snorted. “And all you came up with was Motivated?”

“Well it sounded good in my head but I guess out loud, it sounded a little…”

”Like an ass hole?”

“I was going for smug.”

I chuckled, my black mood forgotten. “Can I try it again?” He asked me. His eyes held mine and he smiled hesitantly. It faltered and disappeared when I didn’t respond.

“I’m sorry. I’m really messing this up aren’t I?” He closed his eyes in frustration. I watched him in amusement and then inched closer without him noticing. When he opened his eyes again he looked shocked to see me so close.

“I’ll try this time.” I closed the gap and covered his mouth with mine. It was a gentle kiss and not bad for my second time with him. He leaned in eagerly and pressed his mouth harder against mine. His arms came around me and pulled me closer but I overbalanced and we fell off the platform and into the water. He pressed his mouth against mine underwater. It was my first underwater kiss and it was amazing.

“You can drag me back again.” I grinned lazily and floated on my back. He grabbed me under my shoulders and yanked me underwater before pulling me up, coughing and spluttering. “Jerk.” I mock shouted.

“Obnoxious minx.”

He began to back paddle and pulled me with him until we reached the bank. “We’re going to have to walk back wet and cold because of your crappy balance.” He grinned.

“I’m not walking.” I jumped onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his waist.

“Lump.” He trailed down the path back to the camp. I was grinning like an idiot. My mood had changed completely. Ten minutes ago I was depressed and lost and angry. Now I had kissed Kevin Jonas and liked it.

*****
I had to have a second shower that day but I didn’t mind. “This is going to piss Ingrid off so much.” I laughed to myself.

When I got back to the room, nobody else was there but Melina. “Hey.” I said casually.

“Hi. Ingrid is looking for you.”

“Why?”

“She went to the room to take a lesson from Kevin and…well…neither of you were there.”

“Oh dear.” I couldn’t help the grin spreading on my face. Melina’s eyes widened.

“What’s so funny?”

“Hmm? Nothing.” I wasn’t sure if Kevin wanted to tell anyone about our kiss or if it was a once off thing. I hoped it wasn’t a once off thing. I really did. “Want to play solitaire? It’s free time at the moment.”

“Sure.”

We walked off to grab some cards and got down to playing. it felt weird but kind of nice to finally have a friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, Yeah, Blah, Blah, comments, comments, subscribers, subscribers ;)