Summer and Forever

EPILOGUE

Age hadn't hurt her at all. I watched her throw our two year old Noah into the air and catch him, kissing his nose gently before putting him down to play with Lockie.

Lockie was getting old now. He was still as cute as the day I'd bought him but he grew tired easier and didn't like fetch so much. My wife still adored him. He was her lapdog.

Beckie ran into the room, wide eyes frantically searching until they found their mother and she wrapped her arms around Sari's waist, deperately telling her about the scary thing she had encountered.

I watched my gorgeous wife swiftly calm our seven year old daughter with a few words and a kiss on the cheek and then look up at me, smiling. "Play with your brother honey." She ordered Beckie, who nodded and got a serious look on her face.

Heh. She was just like her mother sometimes.

"What's the matter, Kevin?" She asked me softly, wrapipng her arms around my neck and placing a soft, familiar, exciting kiss on my mouth quickly.

"Just watching you. You look so beautiful sometimes."

"Sometimes?" She quirked an eyebrow.

"All the time! Just more so on some days..." I trailed off, unsure how to fix this.

She grinned at me and winked. "You were staring at my ass weren't you?"

"No!" I protested.

She giggled evilly and kissed my cheek. "Aw I love it when you go all animated like that."

"I can make you go animated too, dont' forget that." I half threatened my wife as she let her grin stretch onto her face.

"Well I can't wait for you to prove it to me. Later."

"Prove what mummy?" Beckie walked in, rubbing her eye and scowling. "Noah doesn't want to build blocks. He wants to knock them down." She grumbled in explanation as to why she wasn't playing with her brother. "What is daddy going to prove?"

"Whether or not he can live up to his promises." My quick witted wife scooped our daughter up for a hug and then placed her in my arms. "I'm going to check on the boy." She smiled at us, squeezing my arm once before going into the next room where Noah's wail meant he needed more things to destroy.

"Mummy's got that look again."

"What look sweetheart?"

"The one where she's all funny and teasing. Why does she have that look?"

"I'll explain when you're older."

"When I'm older I'm going to have a boyfriend." Beckie assured me with a wise little look in her eye.

"You are not."

"Are too! Aunty Bertranna said I would when I was older."

"Well your aunty Bertranna doesn't realize that he's not going to live long."

"Why?" Beckie's eyes widened in surprise.

"Because i'll shoot him."

She giggled and then burst out laughing. I swear she was just like her mother, always laughing at me when i was being serious.

"Mummy wouldn't let you."

"Mummy might do it for me."

Beckie giggled again and then squirmed when a car horn blasted throughout the house. "That's Uncle Nick! He and Bertranna are taking us to see High School Musical!" I groaned and released her.

"Take your brother!" Sarai emerged, carrying Noah. I kissed my son's curly brown hair before Beckie held his hand and we watched out children run out to the car where my brother waved before driving off.

"So." I turned to Sari, slyly wrapping an arm around her waist.

"So." She repeated, fighting a smile.

"Can't keep up to my promises eh?"

"I said you'll have to prove it."

"Can't wait, Milady." Quickly I jerked her off her feet and into my arms, carrying her up the stairs with Lockie barking behind us.

"Do you think he realizes what we're about to do?" Sarai asked before we shut the door.

"Hope not." I grinned before proving to her that I could do to her what she always did to me.

I could make her go weak in the knees.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annnnnd FINITO! xD