Summer and Forever

Tennis

Melina and I joined in for the afternoon tennis game. Kevin sauntered onto the tennis court and I gave him a smile. He smiled back but didn’t do anything that might suggest we had anything.

I felt a small pit of fear in my stomach but squashed it. He’d only kissed me an hour ago. Nothing had registered with me yet either.

He suddenly squatted down in front of me. “Hey Skunk. Miss me?”

“Not a bit.” I smiled.

“I’m up first.”

“Who you playing?”

“Joe.”

“HA! Bet he wins.”

“Hey, you’re supposed to bet for me to win!”

“Alright. I bet for you to win. But if Joe wins you are in for a world of teasing.”

He pulled his jumper off which pulled his shirt up a bit too and gave me a glimpse of his toned stomach. “Here” He chucked his jumper at me. It wrapped around my face.

“Ew. Sweat.” I pulled it off my face and glared at him but he was already walking to the courts.

“What’s with you and the oldest Jonas?” Melina asked me.

“We’re really good friends.”

“How good?”

“Uh, like this.” I intertwined my fingers and pulled Kevin’s jumper on.

“Alright everyone! Pay attention! Joe Jonas VS Kevin Jonas! The winner of this match gets to decide what celebratory event we’ll have at the end of this camp.” There was an excited murmur. Apparently the choices were a Dance or just a fancy dinner. I squirmed on the ground and hoped that if Kevin won he chose the dinner. Dancing was just too embarrassing.

Kevin served. I had to admire the way his muscles moved as he swung the bat and smacked the ball across to Joe who returned it just as powerfully. Then the game was on.

“I didn’t know the Jonas’s were good at sport.”

“They probably practice on their Nintendo games.” Melina replied grinning. I snickered at the thought of sweet serious Kevin screaming at a video game that wasn’t going his way.

“Wow, Joe’s kind of hot.” I stared at Melina as she giggled and blushed. “I didn’t mean to say that. I mean, I know we’re not supposed to like the counselors.”

“We’re…not?”

“Well they’re afraid it will ruin the camp spirit. I don’t think they can do anything if a camp person and a counselor get together though. Ingrid and Kevin were together once you know.”

I choked. “Together?”

“Two years ago. Don’t worry. He’s totally over her. She was a real control freak.” I nodded but a worried frown formed on my face. Ingrid was really going to hate me now. Fantastic. My life just got a bit better and a bit worse.

There was a shout from the crowd and I realized Kevin had scored a point. I clapped along with the crowd and smiled inwardly when Kevin gave me a wink.

“Seriously, what’s going on with you and Kevin? I think you two are a bit tighter then just this.” Melina did the finger twist and stared at me shrewdly.

“Not much.”

“Come on Sarai. I know we hardly know each other but you know I’m against Ingrid so I’m not gonna tell her.” She looked a little hurt that I didn’t trust her.

“Alright. We kinda kissed at the lake and…yeah that’s pretty much it.” Melina shrieked. I didn’t picture her as a shrieking girl so it kind of threw me off guard. “Whoa, whoa calm yourself!” I begged.

People were staring. She grinned like a lunatic.

“That’s so…wow…and only on the second day!”

“You’re making a big deal out of something I don’t know he wants public.” I protested quietly. She calmed herself. “I won’t tell a soul until you guys tell everyone.” She promised.

“Thanks Mel. Do you mind if I call you Mel?”

“It’s better then Melina.”

“Nah, Melina is better. Mel makes you sound butch.” Her mouth fell open. “I’m kidding.” She punched my arm and rolled her eyes. Music camp might not be so bad after all.

******

Kevin won by five points. He punched the air with his fist and then returned to his calm persona and shook Joe’s hand. “Next time bro.” Joe promised. “Next time.” Kevin agreed.

He jogged over to where Melina and I were sitting. He held his hand out and I took it. “I meant the jumper.” He rolled his eyes.

“You just played a game of tennis! How could you need a jumper so soon?”

He sighed. “She wants me to freeze to death.” He said in sorrow to Melina. I began to pull the jumper off but he stopped me. “It’s all cool. We’re going inside for group vocals now anyway.” He pulled me to my feet and Melina got to her feet on her own.

“I’ll see you guys inside.” She waved and ran off.

“She giving us time together?”

“I think so.”

“Does that mean you told her?”

“Just her. She kind of guessed and I didn’t know whether we were telling people or you didn’t want to bother so I didn’t know what to do but she’s a friend and I know she won’t tell anyone else and-” Kevin put his hand over my mouth.

“It’s fine Skunk.”

“Can you not call me that?”

“But it’s cute!” He protested.

“Do I look like cute to you?”

“Yes.” He smiled and bent down to kiss me. His hands went around my waist and grabbed the hemline of the jumper. He broke away and pulled the jumper over my head.

“Now give me back my jumper.”

“You suck as a boyfriend. You want your girlfriend to freeze to death? What about the chivalry?” My words were muffled by the jumper but he must have heard because he let it go and I smoothed it back down. “Thank you.” I said as dignifiedly as possible. He snorted. “No problem.”

We walked back towards the main hall for vocal and I felt my insides melt with pleasure when he took my hand. He wasn't ashamed of me and it felt so good.
♠ ♠ ♠
*siiigh* Honestly don't know where i'm going with this...Oh hang on...INGRID ENTERS!